MY ACCOUNT WAS GIVEN AWAY BY EBAY TO A FRAUD DESPITE ME SAYING I DIDNT CHANGE MY PASSWORD

I had guests over the Xmas season into Jan-Feb and had not been able to buy stuff on E-Bay  (but then who buys ever so frequently?? In January Ebay sent me a message as to whether i had changed my password and i replied immedicately that i didn't. It was not me so don't give my account to anyone else. 

When I went online in March (Mind you i have once in 2014-2015 NOT bought/ been online with ebay for over 6 months or more) yet my account stayed as is then.  Now i need to know what is the next course of action to take as Ebay have given my account to some fraudster Despoite my saying NO and along with that went my baning information - Credit/Debit and all my buys and my emails to sellers. I have been compromised and would like to take action. Could someone guide me as to what is the best way to fix this stolen identity of mine. 

Thank you 

Carol

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

How do you know that someone else is using your account and what are they doing with it?

Is it possible that you responded to an email.... that perhaps looked like it was from eBay?

Did you then sign in to your eBay account through this email?

If the email was not found on eBay Messages, then the email was not from eBay.

Sellers and buyers must be very careful with respect to communication with eBay...

eBay will only send a message through their messaging system.

Sellers and buyers must know how to protect their account.

We all must recognize that eBay is directly connected to our Paypal account,  and our personal bank account.

The eBay ID and the password  is the responsibility of each seller and buyer

marnotom!
Community Member
Is there evidence of your account being active? Has your account received feedback in the past six months, or has the feedback been made private?

Are you still able to get into your PayPal account? Is there evidence it has been used fraudulently? Are there unauthorized transactions showing up in your bank or credit card statements?

If you think something is wrong.........

Immediately change your ID and Password....

and then look to see if your Paypal account or your personal accounts has been compromised.... 

Is there anything unusual or visible in any account linked with your eBay account.

If you have not looked at your account for several months, then much if not all of the information on your account will have ...disappeared... been deleted

Ask a Question