FedEx International Ground

I have a draft almost ready, but I'm having an issue setting up shipping. I see FedEx Ground for domestic shipping, but not FedEx International Ground for US shipping. How can I offer this option for US buyers?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

@lotzofuniquegoodies It seems to me Expedited is only slightly better than Regular Parcel (1-7 days vs 2-10).

I already had a FedEx account due to an event involving surprise fees on a shipment from the US (wasn't eBay, and I got it waived as it was my first time). Opening an account was a pretty painless process. Also I checked, and they seem to have better rates then UPS.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/113403718564 My listing is up now. I'm not having much hope it will actually sell.

You have to click the "Charge a fixed cost" tab when you choose a shipping service, and options for UPS and FedEx are there. This is with the quick listing tool.

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

The Small  Business Solutions card is free.

You can also ask for it at any Post Office counter, and possibly at a postal outlet counter.

It gives you 5% off on many tracked services (not stamps or letterpost).

At the moment, that is the best deal from SnapShip (Canada Post), Paypal, and Shippo, all of which make mailing labels available. All three services use your SBS number as ID. I believe SBS also consolidates all your Canada Post purchases across all platforms - but I rarely use tracked mail. (I have a source for discounted postage stamps.)

Shippo also sells Canadians USPS shipping labels, in case, heaven forfend,  you ever need to send one to an unhappy customer.

The quick listing/simplified form is not nearly as flexible as the Advanced form.

There are more buttons to click-- but they are useful buttons. For example, with the Advanced form you can choose whether or not to advertise Best Offers. With the Simplified form, eBay does it for you when they feel the urge.

A side suggestion for you, if you haven't done so already. Apply for a small business account with Canadapost. Will get you a small discount which you can build up with more business you generate, plus access to Expedited in Canada which includes tracking and is substantially faster than regular mail. Strike withstanding. You should be able to apply over the phone.

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/pages/support/default.page#panel2-3

-CM

@lotzofuniquegoodies @femmefan1946 https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Packaging-Shipping/FedEx-International-Ground/qaq-p/413960/comment-id/5...

I can't see any way to edit my last post, and I'm not sure it will be seen since I didn't @ you guys.

I suppose there's good reasons to use the advanced tool no matter how much or how little you sell, despite the message that comes up when you try to switch.

I've tried switching back and forth a few times, it seems to remember the last one you used when you revise or create a new listing. There's a link for me at the top right of the page, but it only shows up when creating a new listing.

I'm looking at the advanced tool now. If you choose flat under the dropdown in shipping details, the service dropdown offers a whole bunch of options. There's also something about a shipping rate table, perhaps I should give that a try.

Is it still possible to switch back to the Quick Listing Tool? I am not seeing a way to do that.

-CM

The way I look at it any discounts you can get makes it easier for selling with lower freight quotes to customers.  Xpresspost, if you were to use could get very expensive on larger packages compared to Expedited. I've also used my discount for sending packages for family. Saved me a few bucks over the years. 

Not sure where you are seeing FedEx services? I believe they were only available in the drop-down on the dot com site. (But would not be an option for FedEx Ground in Canada) Unfortunately, from my understanding, additional options have been requested but hasn't happened. You could include a note in your listing to contact you for a quote if a customer would prefer a specific FedEx Service. Hope that helps.

-CM

PS. Have you been in touch with FedEx regarding setting up an account? There may be special requirements. For a business often a  credit application/check is required. An alternate plan would be to use as required and pay with a credit card.

@lotzofuniquegoodies I've been recommended to reply to you as an answer to my own question, rather than replying to your answer. Seems counterintuitive.

I usually use Canada Post, but since this is a larger item, I thought a courier might be better in this case. I don't know if applying for a small business account would be worth it, as I only ever sell old electronics that have been replaced, and that doesn't happen often.

@swilkins1337

Instead of replying as a comment, reply as an answer to your own post, or the OP's post if that were not you.

And to address a specific post put the poster's name as "@" name and  will be notified of your comment.

Ask a Question
Top Helpful Posts