Insane Shipping Prices from US to Canada for Sports Cards

I don't understand how many sellers from the US charge $15, $20 or more to ship a single sports card to Canada. I'm talking about a single baseball or hockey card that could be put in a regular envelope. The value could be anywhere from $1 to $5 so why would I pay $20 shipping? I would think that around $6 would be reasonable and closer to the actual cost - envelope, stamp to send to Canada. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Americans are paranoid and cannot conceive of not tracking -- which is a form of Seller Protection.

Whether your sellers are opting for Priority or for First Class International Parcel, they cannot understand not using a tracked service, and you pay for it.

It might be slightly better if you only bought from sellers whose advertised price for shipping is reasonable or (sorry about this) who use the Global Shipping Program.

The high cost of the GSP includes Canadian duty (if over $150 value) and sales taxes (over $40)  but on a $20 card this should not be a problem. Just don't look at the tracking, it will drive you crazy.

They say USPS as their shipping method. 

marnotom!
Community Member
What shipping method(s) are these sellers using?
Ask a Question
Top Helpful Posts