GLOBAL SHIPPING PROGRAM DOES NOT INCLUDE INSURANCE!!! Paying HUGE $ for tracking only.

Just sent this to eBay tonight!
ORDER NUMBER: 20-06243-79722 GLOBAL SHIPPING PROGRAM TRACKING NUMBER: ESUS29652287 I purchased these hockey cards on Dec 13, 2020. The package was accepted from the GSP and sent to the consolidation warehouse in Erlanger, KY, USA and received 21 Dec 2020
10:55 Arrived at Consolidation Center. Shipment is being processed. ERLANGER, KY, 41018 Then nothing! It hasn't budged since! I haven't filed a claim as both I, and the seller, keep getting multitudes of promises that eBay will investigate and return with a judgement from an investigation. eBay has not done this at all. I want my package as the cards have gone up exponentially in value since the purchase. The package has either been misplaced or outright stolen in Kentucky. To the amazement of the seller and myself, the Global Shipping Program does NOT SHIP WITH INSURANCE??? All the times I have paid for packages with the GSP, they have never been insured? What are the statistics related to sellers having to cough up the money to buyers who don't receive their packages through the GSP? The seller mailed it in good faith, GLOBAL SHIPPING PROGRAM "LOST" THE PACKAGE!! This seller has been good to me and I don't feel he should have to be out money because the GSP lost the package. I don't think anyone has even tried to investigate what happened to this: I WANT THE PACKAGE!!!! I have emails from DHL Express and EasyShip telling me to contact eBay because they don't know where it is. The seller was PROMISED by an eBay rep that he wouldn't have to pay, then someone kiboshed it. He has filed 3 requests over 3 weeks for investigation, no one responds. This is almost turning into an outrage with people passing the buck and nothing being done. I paid US $424.00 for these cards, that are now worth well over $800 Canadian. This isn't chump change we're dealing with here, no one can afford to be out that much money when THE PACKAGE WAS TRACKED AND "LOST" RIGHT INSIDE THE gps CENTER? I really hope that you could help us out and get some investigation going. And maybe ask all the people who have contacted us from eBay on WHY this hasn't been followed up on yet? It goes to so many different people THAT NOTHING GETS DONE! Thanks a million for your help, Bill
View Entire Topic

Too bad the seller didn't use the Global Shipping Program.

As a Seller Protection program, he would only have to get your purchase to the GSP plant and after that he is not involved with delivery.

This does not appear to be true of the International Shipping Program, which seems only to offer lower international rates to the seller.

The high GSP rate is not for shipping. It covers Canadian duty on imports over $150 plus sales taxes on imports over $40. There is also a ~$5 service charge which compares with the Canada Post service charge of $9.95 for customs brokerage.

The buyer does not require insurance because he is covered against loss in transit, damage in transit, and late delivery by the eBay Money Back Guarantee, which also covers Claims for items that are Not As Described. All such Claims are handled through the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

Ask a Question
Top Helpful Posts