Ebay Global Collections asks me to pay, but already up to date?

I just got an email from Ebay Global Collections saying "KEEP YOUR ACCOUNT IN GOOD STANDING - PAYMENT NEEDED" 

and in the email it says

"Your eBay Seller Fees of CAD 86.46 on your XXXXXX account are due by your invoice due date. To keep your account in good standing, you must take steps to ensure the Current Balance due is paid by that date."

I already have the automatic payment set up, and been like that for almost 2 years now.  The above payment of 86.46 has already passed on the 15th like every month,  it shows that on my ebay account and on my paypal shows the amount was paid. 

Now my question,  should I just dismiss this email?  since everything shows that it is paid?  Really asking because it was paid the 15, and I got this email the 20 and I dont want to have my account suspended or have bad rep, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

It’s not a scam. I think it’s a glitch. Mine autopaid this month as well and I got this too. There will be an announcement within the next 24 hours on it, I’m sure. Don’t worry.

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

marnotom!
Community Member
Sounds like a glitch, as @momcqueen suggests, or a late or slow email to me. Emails get delayed, eBay has glitches. It happens. I once had a similar email from TELUS despite having my account payments set up to be automatically charged to my credit card.

If your account statement says your balance is paid up, then don't worry about it.

@cek12345678

To be clear, I was the one who called it a glitch; we haven't had official word form ebay about this. I'm 99.985 per cent sure that it is a glitch but, of course, I cannot speak for HappyP who would have likely left for the day by the time this hit the fan. She will be greeted with a big sh#tstorm when she returns to the office tomorrow. 

i got the same message to 2 Ebay accounts but both my accounts are in good standing -

I didnt open the link and although it looks legit  i sent it so spoof@ebay- someone _ happy pigeon called this a GLITCH- THIS IS NOT A GLITCH THIS IS A SERIOUS COMMUNICATION ERROR:(

some glitch it is a message sent to millions of users - 

i got the same message to 2 Ebay accounts but both my accounts are in good standing -

I didnt open the link and although it looks legit  i sent it so spoof@ebay- someone _ happy pigeon called this a GLITCH- THIS IS NOT A GLITCH THIS IS A SERIOUS COMMUNICATION ERROR:(

some glitch it is a message sent to millions of users - LOL

I got that on two of my selling accounts and sent them to spoof@ebay.com since both bills were autopaid and show as such on Paypal.

Waiting for the others which come due later this month.

Probably a glitch since they did use the correct personal names.

Ask a Question