Hi my northern friends

mg152
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I haven’t been around here in a couple years, been a lot going on. So much has changed for me. Anyway, I was just wondering is eBay Canada switching to Adyen (sp) for payment processing?  If yes, what do you all think of it? 

Thanks & Hi to all! 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

@mg152wrote:.

... I was just wondering is eBay Canada switching to Adyen for payment processing?  If yes, what do you all think of it?

All of the ebays will be getting Adyen payment processing over the next 2-5 years.

While I have been comfortable with PayPal for over a decade -- I do remember all the moaning, groaning and wailing when eBay added PayPal as a payment requirement. Most sellers will adapt.

At least this time eBay was smart enough to NOT to buy Adyen, thus preventing silly shareholders  from forcing a future selloff like they did with PayPal.

-..-

Only know what I have read about on Adyen, but as Adyen payment system is not to be  fully implemented for quite some time yet, I won't concern myself with it until such time as needed. If the payment system is compulsory as would seem to be, and is set up similar to that on Etsy where Sellers had to sign on for the payment system or be removed as a seller on their venue, I shall be done with eBay. Already am on another lesser known site which is my backup plan as I proceed to reduce my online presence ...in all reality I hope to be finished with online selling and fade off into the sunset by the time eBay has this payment system as a prerequisite to be a seller on eBay.

We're trying hard not to think about it. We're still getting used to using Shippo for shipping instead of a smooth interface between Paypal and Canada Post.

Howdy. Welcome back. ebay Canada will be subject to the same new payment processing as every other ebay, yes, 

Ask a Question