Buyer won item, we mutually agree to cancel. What is the easiest way to do this?

dycon58
Community Member

Buyer & I have agree to cancel won item. He is from a country I do not ship to, but bid anyway then asked if I would ship. Turns out, shipping is too expensive. What is the easiest way to cancel without any negativity towards the buyer? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Got to the Resolution Centre and open a Mutual Cancellation "We have agreed not to complete this transaction" or something like that.

Both of you will be released as soon as the buyer agrees to the cancellation. If he ignores it, it will end in a few days.

The only possible problem would be if the buyer refuses the Cancellation. Which sounds unlikely. (He seems sane and friendly, right?)

Both of you can leave feedback.

You can Block bids from countries you don't want to ship to through your Seller Preferences pages.

If both seller and buyer have agree to cancel the order, you need to issue a full refund to the buyer first and then you go to the seller manager and then to 'order - awaiting payment -', you'll see the order in this section when refund is fully proceeded. You can then click at right on the order menu and choose cancel transaction/unpaid item case.

After you choose,'we both agreed to cancel the transaction' and choose a reason of why buyer or you have decided to cancel it. Most comon reason is that buyer changed is mind or buyer was unable to complete payment. 

You then click submit and buyer will receive a notice from eBay and he will then approve or decline the transaction cancellation resquest.

Regards,