How to offer volume pricing? Discount for buying more than one item.

I would like to offer customers the option of getting a discount when buying more than one item when I have multiples of an identical item. This is the listing 273364542424 that I was trying to update.
I tried:
Seller Hub
 Marketing
  Promotions
   Create a Promotion
(This is where it gets interesting.) There was an option in the drop down to pick a percentage and list a SKU, Item number, category or all inventory. I ended up with 3 (what looked like promotions) trying to get it to launch but it never showed up on the listing so I managed to delete 2. Now when I go to 'create a promotion' the only option I have is 'sale event + markdown'. And, the last promotion shown on the promotions creation page seems to have vanished (or it's hiding).

If there is a different place to go to accomplish this I would appreciate knowing about it.

Also the volume pricing default time was for 3 years instead of 'until cancelled' which seems odd to me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @hallscrystal - eBay.ca does not have the same Promotions Manager that eBay.com has - and because of this any listings created on .ca won't be able to be added to anything other than the 'sale event + markdown'. 

An alternative you could consider would be to create the listings on eBay.com directly, and use the Promotions Manager tool there to add the order/quantity discount promotion. Thanks!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

If you have a good quantity of an item another suggestion would be to create several listings depending on the item with a price break for larger quantities. Just change to a lot listing and note it in your title. Listings 1, 3, 5, 10. I have sales like that on a regular basis. Make sure to update your package weight/box dims accordingly. Also best if you can use the same box for each shipment. I just pick up at a local dollar store for free. Add add note at the end...Please use the contact button for larger quantities. (You can also add Best Offer if your very price flexible)

-Lotz

If a customer chooses the single unit listing and purchases 6  I have yet to get upset at one customer when they could have chosen 2 lots of 3. File that under win some, lose some!!

-Lotz