I AM MISSING $100.00 FROM MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT. IS EBAY "HOLDING" THIS MONEY BECAUSE OF A CASE DISPUTE?

CAN EBAY ACCESS MY PAYPAL MONEY AND FREEZE IT OR AWARD A BUYER WHO OPENS A CLAIM CASE A SETTLEMENT FROM MY ACCOUNT? I AM MISSING A $100.00 FROM MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT AND I FIND NO RESOLUTION PROBLEMS IN PAYPAL BUT I HAVE 1 OPEN CASE IN MY EBAY SELLERS STORE. IS EBAY ACTUALLY "FREEZING" OR "HOLDING" MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT FUNDS IN LIEU OF A RESOLUTION TO A REDICULOUS AND UNWARRENTED BUYER CLAIM?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

@bigjohn1961-123 wrote:
... I HAVE 1 OPEN CASE IN MY EBAY SELLERS STORE.

IS EBAY ACTUALLY "FREEZING" OR "HOLDING" MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT FUNDS IN LIEU OF A RESOLUTION ...

Funds are automatically frozen/reserved when a case is opened. There is a time limit on how long the funds are frozen/reserved -- I think the last open unresolved case I had (the buyer never got back to me) took about 3 weeks before the funds were released and available again.

-,,-

Yes, an ebay return request and/or an open case will freeze your paypal account funds as a precaution. There is some leniency to that rule depending on whether or not you are a top-seller in the ebay arena where the case is opened. Also, if your paypal account goes into the red, you will not be able to use paypal to pay for your shippo-generated labels. I am preparing an informational post on my recent experience with a false SNAD, what i did, how it was handled, and the way ended so you may want to check back for that later.

Don't post in all caps,

It is considered shouting and very rude.

It is also difficult to read.

Is it exactly $100?

Do you have any open Disputes?

Paypal allows Disputes foe 180 days from payment. Have you had any contact with an unhappy buyer in the past six months?

Paypal has a Resolutions Centre hidden under Tools at the top of your PP account page.

And Paypal can 'freeze' or Hold money in your account. They do it automatically for new sellers as a Buyer Protection. That doesn't include you, obviously, but they have been known to do it with questionable sellers. (Again, nothing personal meant).

Buyers have three levels of protection: eBay, Paypal, and their credit cards.

But check the exact amount in your PP receipts for the past six months (painfully slow) and also PP Customer Support.

There might be an email in your junk mail about it too.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have a case open, Paypal will remove the funds and have them on hold until the case has been solved/closed after which time it will be awarded to the "winning" party.

There is no way around it as you need to follow every step of the process. 

It is frustrating as a lot of times buyers have all the power - the system has been developed to attract buyers with a bullet no worries refund policy. 

Good luck