I have money due me in my "Ebay Account" that is on hold until Dec. 2nd. What happens after then?

I can't link either of my bank accounts to ebay since I'm Canadian.
I recently sold something not aware of the changes and have over $300US on hold that I can't access.
They say this money is on hold until Dec 2nd. What happens to it after that?

How can I link a Canadian bank account to eBay??  Paypal had no problem before!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Do you have a Canadian chequing account?

That's the first step.

Are you enrolled in Managed Payments, or are you still in the process of enrolling?

• You may need the help of Chat (stay away from the phone reps!!) or FB or Twitter.

If you are having problems enrolling, use the passport /driver license ID rather than micro-deposits.

I was having problems with enrolling (on two of four accounts and for some two months), but when all was corrected, not entirely to my satisfaction but workable, all the Held funds were promptly transferred.

Whew.

For the December 2 date, that's this Thursday.

If your account is set up, that's when eBay will transfer the funds to your attached account.

Usually it has been Tuesdays, but there have been some changes in that.

You can choose weekly or daily transfers- and now bi-weekly which I think means twice a week. Not sure.

Although you have been a member for decades, you stopped selling over a year ago.

EBay puts a Hold of up to 21 days on customers' payments to new, returning and questionable sellers. It's not personal, it is a paternalistic Protection both for your customers and for newbies /returnees because the playing field is constantly changing.

If you don't have a Canadian bank account, you should trot over to the nearest bank and get one. Or do it online- both Simplii (CIBC) and Tangerine (TD?) are online with low/no fee banking.

are you providing a chequing account?

Savings accounts can not be used for eBay's Managed Payments, must be a chequing account.