Help, I am being scammed, and buyer wants a refund.

hi, so here's the situation, and I want other people opinions on it.

so basically, the buyer messages me that the item came and it was broken, I tell him it can't be broken because I tested it and such. so after telling him that, he goes on to say that he can fix it but only under my responsibility that if he breaks it I refund it, so I tell him no, item was accurate and no refund. 

1 week later he messages me saying "sorry it was the wrong item that I was talking about", and that the "item hasn't arrived yet", so i am like ok just wait a bit more time, and he messages me again, saying the item hasn't arrived, and now he has opened a case on me, demanding a full refund.

also to note that he and I were talking before the purchases happened on eBay and that he is also selling an exact item "dictaphone" on his eBay store but his being broken. and that the item was shipped without tracking.

so what can I do? if he goes and wins I am in a loss of a lot of money. the model dictaphone that I sold him literally goes for over $150, while I sold it to him for $80 inc shipping because "I needed the money"

I also have proof of shipping receipt.

View Entire Topic

I also have proof of shipping receipt.

Did you ship the dictaphone by Canada Post?

What you have should also be Proof of Delivery, which is what both eBay and Paypal want.

With something that bulky, all domestic parcel services are tracked.

If you were shipping to the USA, most services are tracked, unless your dictaphone was small enough to fit into a Small Packet, which seems unlikely.

If he files Item Not Received, your proof of delivery (not shipping, delivery) wins the case.

If he files Not As Described, you are allowed to demand the item be returned before refunding.

Even if you have No Returns as your policy.

that he is also selling an exact item "dictaphone" on his eBay store

So he doesn't want to return it.

You may have to send him a Return Shipping Label.

You can do this for a Canadian buyer through your original label purchase or here:

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

You can do this for a US buyer through Shippo, who will sell your a USPS shipping label.

If he doesn't return the item, you win the case. He cannot leave feedback.  And eventually the cost of the unused label will be returned.

If he does, you refund and win the case. He cannot leave feedback.