Selling on eBay.com

tu-ee
Community Member

I live in Ontario Canada and used to sell on eBay.com not sure how I did that then -- I have been selling on eBay since 1992, I'm getting old (in my 70's now) and cannot really understand why I   cannot sell on eBay.com any more -- Can someone explain it to me simply?

My sales have gone down drastically I do not think there is much worldwide interest in eBay.ca --

I have sold to UK, Australia, Holland, Germany, Poland and even Russia I had a lot more sales then I'm not doing well at the moment have been ill for a couple of months and trying to get back on my feet. It's disheartening not  getting any interest in my sales.

Help please

Thanks tu-ee

View Entire Topic

You can.

Just go to dotCOM and start listing.

There are some new twists.

You MUST list in US dollars (no change there)-- but if you are listing on dotCA you MUST list in loonies (this is since 2016).

You MUST use Flat Rate Shipping from an International location*. Again no change.

If your products are bulky (more than 500 grams and/or 2cm thick) you will find it easier to use dotCA and Calculated Shipping.

This does mean that your MUST list in Canadian dollars.

BUT

Your US customer sees your price in Search in US dollars. Your German customer sees it in Euros. Your Swedish customer sees it in kroner.

Once the customer goes to the listing, he see the price in both currencies. A firm price in loonies and an estimated price in his own currency.

So my dotCOM listings are (mostly) $9.99 USD.

And my dot CA listings are (mostly $12.99USD which my American customers see as $10.39 (approx) as well as the price in Cdn dollars.

The change away from dotCA listings in USD cause a lot of angst and aggravation, but I found that while my US sales dropped, my overseas sales rose.

Personally, I blame a mixture of the GSP and Donald Trump.

YMMV

You may, because you have been away for a bit, find you are restricted in the number and value of your new listings.

This is a Buyer Protection policy -- against hacked accounts mostly.

But it is also a Seller Protection policy-- while the seller adjusts to the inevitable and often pointless changes.

However, there is no reason why you would be unable to list on dotCOM.

*Unless you are able to use a forwarding service like chitchatexpress. Search the name, it gets talked about a lot. There are several that posters use and like.