US shipping and Worldwide Shipping by Weight

Hello fellow .ca users,

We've decided to start allowing worldwide shipping, or at least international shipping outside of Canada / US, but it doesn't seem practical with the way calculated by weight / flat rate shipping is set up.

I have seen multiple people say they offer worldwide shipping through canada post with the price calculated by weight, but how then do you offer a reasonable shipping price to the US? When you add a US shipping option, it also has to be by weight, but canada post shipping is much much higher than what a service like Stallion or Chit Chats offers, which is why we use Flat Rate for all US shipping. Surely leaving it as calculated by weight would scare off most US customers when it shows prices at $25+.

And the cherry on top of "why does ebay do it this way", when using the calculated by weight option, it removes the ability to use a shipping table, of which we could just then set the US price to be a nice flat rate, and everywhere else be calculated by weight.

If there is no solution to the problem above, what Flat rates do you all recommend, and to which countries outside the US? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

The International section of the selling form allows us to make several different rates.

However, you have to choose between Flat Rate - fine for USA not so good for Overseas - and Calculated- fine for Overseas but not so good for USA.

Note that these would still be different rates.

I don't know the new Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad selling form well yet but I was able to set up both the last time I listed.

When you choose your US shipping, look to the right for your next (different) choice.

And don't forget to Block some countries. There are four I will never ship to again.