False item location

I purchased an antenna rotator and it was important it take about a week to receive the item. So when  I looked for a seller I check if the item come from north America. The item location said USA. Perfect I ordered. It taked many days before the shipping began. I contact the seller who said the item was shipping thru Ebay GSP. I began to investigate to see the seller was from Israel and the item was coming too from Israel. At the end, it take two long weeks for the shipping.

It is not the first time I get this problem. Another time the item location was Canada and the tracking said me it coming from China. The shipping time is an important factor when I buy.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

@mimb5129 

I contact the seller who said the item was shipping thru Ebay GSP. I began to investigate to see the seller was from Israel

Which was an outright lie.

The Global Shipping Program is only available to US and UK sellers. It was introduced to encourage those sellers to allow international purchasers.

That being said two weeks is pretty normal in my experience for a shipment from pretty well anywhere in North America unless you are willing to pay for the equivalent of ExpressPost or Priority Post, which run double or triple the cost of Tracked Packet.

Tracked Packet , btw, is roughly equivalent to USPS First Class International Packet . It includes Confirmation of Delivery.

You have the right to open a Dispute for Item Not Received if it did not arrive by the last estimated date for delivery eBay gave you (before you paid) or Not As Described, because of the false location and shipping service. To say nothing of lying about using the GSP which charges import fees upfront. By not using it, it is possible that you would have to pay duty, sales tax, and a $10 service fee to Canada Post on your doorstep.

But if you need something in less than a week, and can't buy locally, you will have to pay for the faster service.

You can even ask the seller  (before buying) if he will allow you to pay for an upgraded service.

Report item

Report Category (select) Listing practices

Reason for Report (select) Other listing practices

Detailed Reason (select) Item location misrepresentation

Press Continue

https://www.ebay.ca/pages/help/policies/item-location.html

Policy overview

Sellers must be clear and accurate about the location their item will be shipped or picked up from. We don't allow false, inaccurate, vague, or misleading information about the location of an item in the Item location field or description. When listing items for sale, sellers are expected to provide the city, province, and country of their item so shipping charges and delivery times can be accurately calculated and communicated to buyers.

Also, if there is a location stated in the item description, it has to match the location in the item location field.

Make sure your listing follows these guidelines. If it doesn't, it may be removed, and you may be subject to a range of other actions, including limits of your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account.

Not allowed

• Giving an incorrect item location. For example, indicating that the item is in Canada when it is actually being shipped from China.

• Inaccurate, vague, or misleading descriptions (the city and province or city and country don't match)

• Beijing, United Kingdom

• Hong Kong, United Kingdom

• Worldwide, Singapore

• Direct from manufacturer to, United States

• Somewhere in Ontario, Canada

• A location in the item description, if stated, that doesn't match the item location field.

• Inconsistencies in return policy versus item location resulting in higher costs or confusion for buyers.

@femmefan1946   Sounds like the original seller is selling other people's inventory.  Seller probably located somewhere other than USA, sells the items then purchases it from a US based seller to ship to buyer through GSP.

Ask a Question