Why is the ebay website generating so many pop up error messages in my web browse such as.....

security certificate issue, webpage not responding, long running script plus a few other I can't recall at the moment.  Also if I have my ebay home page open in my browser, my cpu and ram usage starts climbing rapidly.   The webpage also becomes slow and unresponsive.  I do computer repairs as a sideline and their is definitely a problem with your website.  I only open the webpage now if I need it to.   I'm concerned about my security as a user and if this doesn't improve I will walk away from ebay in fear of another security hack...which is what it feels like is going on now. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

@akli5184 wrote:

security certificate issue, webpage not responding, long running script plus a few other I can't recall at the moment.  Also if I have my ebay home page open in my browser, my cpu and ram usage starts climbing rapidly.   The webpage also becomes slow and unresponsive.  I do computer repairs as a sideline and their is definitely a problem with your website.  I only open the webpage now if I need it to. ...

You're not talking to eBay here, just other buyers and sellers. There is a weekly chat session in the http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/bd-p/23000000073 forum with an actual eBay employee -- but he moved on to another job at the end of 2016 and the sacrifice replacement is still to arrive.

I see the same issues from time to time, right now, eBay is behaving properly for me.

Some of the causes (as viewed by a computer dinosaur):

one is the advertising eBay sells -- I suspect eBay is not doing a good enough job checking the third party ads for proper behaviour, especially for ones that have high bandwidth requirements or are badly programmed. I've seen this problem pop up on other sites

two is eBays page programming method for some pages that dumps all the code needed for any platform/device on to the page and hides what isn't used. Uses bandwidth, increases the chance of breaking things and when things go wrong makes things more difficult to fix.

three is that eBay's servers are sometimes are not up to the demand, sometimes because of equipment issues, DoS attacks and other problems,

-..-

This has to do with the active content on eBay or excessive advertising... I have problems with Internet Explorer but not with Google Chrome.

You may have change browsers.....

This is a member-to-member board. No one who works at ebay will read your message or reply to it. Only other users like yourself.

As such, I think there are probably others who share your concerns.

Perhaps if you call ebay Customer Service to report your tech concerns, something will be done to address it sooner rather than later. 

Ask a Question