I won an auction, sent payment, still not accepted and no response to messages. How long do I have to wait to cancel?

bugzyg
Community Member

I have been waiting over a week already and there has not been one single response from the seller. The auction ended on Nov. 20 and I made payment on the 21st.

I have sent 2 messages to him and have been checking to see if he has accepted payment but nothing as of yet.

I just want to know how I will be able to get out of this transaction. I went with this seller because I like to support the independents rather than the bulk sellers but I can get what I want for the same price from a seller that I KNOW will ship immediately. If this is the service I get from an independent, I will go with the bulk seller in the future.

Accepted Solutions (2)

Accepted Solutions (2)

The item may have been shipped by a seller with very very poor communication skills.

Check his feedback received for mentions of slow shipping or late delivery (they are different things). Include his Detailed Seller Ratings for Communication and Shipping Time.

Only six working days have passed since your payment. Within North America, 20 days is a reasonable period to wait for delivery.That would be December 10th. From overseas allow 30 days, which would be December 20.

I would suggest one last email asking for the Delivery Confirmation number of the parcel. It is quite possible that there isn't one and that need not concern you. DC is for the protection of the seller, not the buyer. But it will put the seller on notice that you know you have tools.

If he remains unresponsive, you can start an Item Not Received dispute, but do allow the 20-30 days to let the postal system do its job.

A new seller that has a PayPal email address issue. If payment is unclaimed all you can do is cancel it.

This happens when a new address is added to ebay and not updated in the listing. and the old is deleted from PayPal. Probably doesn't recognize the problem and without communication  , nothing you can do.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Its up to you but a week+ with no communication is long enough in my opinion. I would cancel the payment.

Its a $10. item and seller may just write the sale off.  No communication is most frustrating and if you do get a response can simply ask seller to cancel.

bugzyg
Community Member

Oh, and I did check his ratings. Only 2 comments from buyers and they were both positive. He has a low rating so I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

bugzyg
Community Member

Thank you for your comments.

femmefan, I appreciate the advice but the seller has not even accepted my payment which was made within 24hrs of the auction ending. If he had accepted payment, I would not be so worried about it.

heidilynn0_3 do you know how long I have to give the seller to claim the payment??? I have been going thru the terms of service but cannot find anything about time limits.