Placing a bid on an item listed as "does not ship to Canada" but I have a US shipping address.

Hi All,

Maybe someone can explain what happened to me? I was watching an item that clearly stated in the listing "does not ship to Canada" which is fine, I live in Canada but I have relatives in the USA that I regularly have items shipped too and then forwarded on to me in Canada. Here is my issue. I watched the item for the last 7 days and as the auction was about to end I placed my max bid and hit the place bid button, when I did this I got an error message pop up that the seller doesn't ship to Canada....no guff I read the ad, I have a US shipping address. Is this because somehow my paypal account shows I am in Canada and somehow blocks my bid? I have won several other auctions where the seller did not ship to Canada (stated clearly in the ad) and I was able to place my bid and provide the us shipping address. This is a first for me. Anyone out there know what happened? I tried calling the Ebay help line but got no where! no answers from them (it was like the guy didn't even know what I was talking about)

P.S The item sold for $100 USD less than what my max bid was for so really the seller lost out on this. Appreciate any comments/answers you might have!

Accepted Solutions (2)

Accepted Solutions (2)

Change your Primary Shipping Address to the USA one before you bid and this problem *may* be avoided.

also some sellers state that they don't ship to Canada , but do not have the proper shipping preferences set up, to stop  Canadians from bidding.. Like advised above, change your shipping address to your USA address when you plan to purchase something , with the same shipping requirements..

Answers (0)