Where's My Bike!!

Hi everyone.  I have been dealing with a situation with a seller and Global Shipping.  I recently purchased a 1971 Schwinn Lemon Peeler crate bike from a seller in the U.S.  The seller shipped the bike to Global Shipping in Kentucky using a bike shipping company called Ship Bikes .com.   I kept watch on the tracking on the bike but nothing was happening.  The only tracking shown was that the seller shipped the bike, nothing else.  I contacted the seller who is a little slow to respond and he did finally let me know all the info on the bike shipper etc.  The bike had arrived a Global shipping last Saturday, the 29th.  The tracking still hasn't been updated since it left the seller.  I noticed that the information provided by ShipBikes.com showed that my last name wasn't included in the shipping and so that had me a bit worried.  I finally phoned eBay, no way to contact Global Shipping anymore,  and they contacted G.S.  I received a message from G.S. and they say everything is fine and the bike will be delivered.  Still no tracking.  I'm still worried.  I am considering contacting eBay again.  Not sure what to do, wait or call!

View Entire Topic
marnotom!
Community Member
@pjcdn2005  wrote:

I'm surprised that the biking shipping company shows up at all on the ebay tracking as I wouldn't have thought they were  set up to track on the ebay platform. It is odd that is showed some tracking but that it isn't showing as delivered.

My three GSP purchases are becoming dim memories now (believe it or not), but my recollection is that the tracking status viewed through eBay wasn't the same for all of them.  I think I received the UPAA number right off the bat for my first purchase, and at least one of the others had a link to/from the information from the stateside carrier before the UPAA number was assigned.

Spitballing again, wondering if how the tracking information appears on the eBay platform depends on the carrier in question for the US leg of the trip and how that information gets entered and sent by the seller to eBay.  Or it may simply be that the processes and procedures for tracking GSP shipments has changed over the years.

To @mpit7628 , I realize that this is an item that you highly prize (it does sound pretty cool, and I'm not even into bicycles), but I think you need to stop worrying for now and only get concerned about your bike's whereabouts if it doesn't arrive by the last estimated delivery date.  Fretting about it right now isn't going to accomplish anything.   It's either going to get to you or it isn't.  Divine intervention isn't even going to influence its transit, I'm afraid. We buyers have been brainwashed into thinking that tracking is the be all and end all, when all we really need is to have our item in our hot little hands in the condition promised by the seller.