Why are Shipping Costs Increased After I Click on the Listing?

aliuh
Community Member

You know how when you are looking through listings it tells you basic informaiton like shipping costs? For some reason many of the listings I see have one shipping price, but then when I click on the it and view the full listing the shipping cost has often doubled.

Anyone else having this problom? It makes sorting by cheapest price+shipping a little ineffective and frustrating.

View Entire Topic

@aliuh wrote:

... For some reason many of the listings I see have one shipping price, but then when I click on the it and view the full listing the shipping cost has often doubled.

Anyone else having this problem? It makes sorting by cheapest price+shipping a little ineffective and frustrating.

My brother complained to me last week about this issue when he was looking. I checked what he was looking at and shipping for some listings would jump from $34 to $57 but for other listings the value remained the same.  The listings I checked were similar price range, all shipping from USA using ebay shipping. I was unable to see anything different as to why some price jumped and other listings were not a problem.

My brother has not seen this shipping cost jump problem when looking at items shipped from the UK.

-;-