Refund Requested from Seller - No Response from Ebay Or Seller

I am posting this here because I think I've been scammed - seller isn't responding to messages and has a horrible feedback rating (I know, I should have seen it.), and now, even though it's been 4 days since I requested the refund, the furthest I can get is sending Ebay an email, getting an automated response that requests a reply if its answers don't help and then..... address rejected. My email back to them explaining the issue literally cannot get through.

Message to Ebay Follows:

"Hello,   I purchased from seller on January 29th, 2020. More than a week ago I requested information on when I could expect it to come out, due to delays, and to this date I have not received a response, even 4 days after opening the request for a refund.   In addition, they had broken the Ebay.ca presale policy that states "Presale listings must guarantee that the item will be shipped within 30 days of purchase." (At the earliest it would ship March 31st, a full 2 months later.) "The date the item will be available to ship must be clearly stated in the listing" (The listing only said "Around March 31st") Please take action on the case listed above so that I can receive my return for this fraudulent listing.   They have already had their opportunity to respond and I would like the order cancelled and my money refunded.   Thank you and best regards,"

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

EBay gave you an estimated date for delivery. Has that passed?

You have 30 days after that to open a Dispute in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

If the seller cannot prove to the robots who run the Resolution Centre that you purchase has been delivered, you will be refunded.

The first suggestion (and it's just a suggestion) is to contact the seller.

You have already done that.

Escalate the dispute to a Claim. He then has five days to show delivery.

So it is not fast, but it works.

Phoning eBay is not part of this system.  At the moment eBay is working with emails, Twitter and Facebook, but they are NOT set up to provide refunds.

Sellers are not required to state a purchase has been shipped. Nor are they required to use tracking. It's stupid not to do it, but it is not a requirement.

You are also covered by Paypal. You can open a dispute in PP's Resolution Centre for 180 days from Payment.

Which means today if you want.

The PP Resolution Centre is found under Tools on your PP account page.

The system is basically the same.

INR->seller told to prove delivery-> he did not track-> you are refunded.

And you are also covered by the credit card you used to back your PP account. Phone the 1-800 number on the back of the card. Chargeback policies differ.

EBay has very specific rules about pre-orders, including not selling items that cannot be shipped for more than 30 days. 

Assume any that have a longer wait period to be scams. Report them and then pass them by.

Yeah, you missed a May Day parade of red flags, but we've all done it.

Watch Lists can be helpful.

You can also contact eBay through Facebook or Twitter

facebook.com/eBayForBusiness 

twitter.com/eBayForBusiness.

@brs_ignition 
I've contacted my credit card company as suggested on here and provided them with all of the information I could - I will inform those here and close the dispute with Ebay/Seller when/if the card company reverses the transaction/chargeback.

This should work, but I'm gonna be a fussbudget and point out that opening the credit card Dispute (dispute=request=case words words words) means that Paypal will not entertain a Dispute if the card dispute fails.

This is one reason why it is a good idea to back a Paypal account with a credit card.

First dispute is through eBay, if it fails the buyer can go to PP, and if that fails tothe card.

But if the PP dispute is opened first, eBay won't accept a later dispute. If the card dispute is opened first neither PP nor eBay will accept a later dispute.  The point is to prevent double -dipping.

What is the estimated delivery date in your purchase detail?   Have you already opened an item not received case? If it has been more than 30 days since the last eta you won’t be able to open a case through eBay but you should be able to open one through PayPal or with your credit card. 

@brs_ignition 

It has been more than 30 days since all dates mentioned in the estimated delivery date (February 10-20th), but the case was opened March 23rd, so... I guess that's also 30 days after. Am I really out of luck then if my credit card company cannot help?

No.

The 30 days are the number of days after receiving the item OR after the last estimated date for delivery during which you can open the Dispute.

Then it works its way through the system after that.

From your post, you contacted Customer Service about this.

What you need to do is open a Dispute in the Resolution Centre.

Do that now.

Since the last estimated delivery date was Feb. 20 you have until March 31 (darn Leap Year is confusing me). to open a Dispute.

Now.

In addition, you have 180 days from Payment on Jan 29 to open a Dispute on Paypal.

Do this only if your Dispute fails on eBay.

You have until July 27 for that, so don't jump ahead.

And.

If that also fails you can then fall back on your credit card. Card policies differ.

The seller will be required to prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) or you will be refunded.