Shipping,

I dont even know how ebay Canada  is still in business. I wanted to buy a air purifier and the only sellers were in the USA. Shipping cost was $32 US I could and did buy the same item from Amazon Canada same price in Canadian funds and received it in 2 days free shipping.  Come on ebay find a solution, Ive been a ebay buyer and seller for many years and I think its going to end !

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

@auctiongower222 wrote:

I dont even know how ebay Canada  is still in business. I wanted to buy a air purifier and the only sellers were in the USA. Shipping cost was $32 US I could and did buy the same item from Amazon Canada same price in Canadian funds and received it in 2 days free shipping.  Come on ebay find a solution, Ive been a ebay buyer and seller for many years and I think its going to end !

@auctiongower222 

Always important to remember with your concern there is a definite distintion between to 2 companies. Amazon has mega warehouses often close to your location with millions upon millions of items eBay sellers are located all over the place. The item you are looking for may not be super close to you so that will cause shipping to be higher with eBay. (Each eBay seller is their own entity.) As for the free shipping is that taking into consideration Amazon Prime membership. You're still paying for shipping. 

Personally when I can find something from a reasonably close eBay seller that is where I go. With your particular type of item the shipping would be higher because of size and weight. Location is also a contributing factor.

-Lotz

sometimes I wonder  how sellers on Amazon are able to stay in business as per their high fees...

However, You are free to choose from where you purchase items, just as other sellers and buyers are able to choose where they sell, where they buy...

It's all about choices...

some will choose eBay, some will choose Amazon....

and so it goes...

C'est la vie!

Que sera, sera!

marnotom!
Community Member
There are some things that Amazon does quite well, and there are some things that eBay does quite well. As @lotzofuniquegoodies points out, the two marketplaces have quite different business models. Vive la difference.