Listing tool problem

For 4 days now I have been getting eBay's "this is embarrassing...listing tool not working" message when I try to create a new listing on eBay.ca. Customer support claims a problem report has been filed, but 4 days and nothing. every time, it is please wait another day or two. All customer support can do apparently is send "memos". Anyone else having this issue (eBay claims yes)? I have tried all the standard suggestions (clear cache, etc.). Anyone have any other suggestions?

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Listing tool problem

So I went to all the trouble of learning the multiple sell screen and *yay* got an item up and scheduled for tomorrow! But, just to test, I tried the single listing method again and it also worked! Dare I believe that eBay actually found and fixed something?? Not that they would ever let me know, or anything! Hopefully it will keep working for a day or two! Big thanks to everyone for their suggestions and support! Would that ebay was so helpful! Neil.

View solution in original post

Message 31 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Listing tool problem

PS. Tried a different browser. Still no go.

Message 2 of 34
latest reply

Listing tool problem

How are you trying to start your listing? At what point do you get the message?

Have you tried using sell similar on one of your ended listings?  That's how I've been doing it.  Just make sure you change the item specifics, category etc.

Or go to sellers hub, click on Listings at the top of the page and then click on create listing.  

Message 3 of 34
latest reply

Listing tool problem

The message appears at the screen where i would normally upload pictures (2nd or 3rd screen). I have tried sell similar, relist old item. I was trying to list exactly the same way I have been doing it all along, usually by starting with the create single listing pick.

Message 4 of 34
latest reply

Listing tool problem

Actually, if I select sell similar, the error message appears as soon as I hit carriage return.

Message 5 of 34
latest reply

Listing tool problem

Sorry. That's all I could think of to suggest.  I have no idea what is wrong as  I haven't been having any problems but perhaps someone else will have an answer.  I may have seen a similar post recently either here or on the .com board.  If I find it I will let you know if they have  found a solution.

Message 6 of 34
latest reply

Listing tool problem

I noticed there were some complaints last November, but didn't notice any particular resolution. The discussion seemed to head off on other tangents. Thanks, though.

Message 7 of 34
latest reply

Listing tool problem

And guess what? After 5 days have now been informed that the trouble ticket was mis-entered! So now it will be another 3 - 5 days! Go gettem ebay!

Message 8 of 34
latest reply

Listing tool problem

Honestly, I wouldn't count on what they say as gospel.  I don't always believe that they even write a trouble ticket when they say they did. Let's try to find out if this is ebay wide or .ca only.

Sign into ebay.com with your same ID and start a listing there.  You don't have to do the whole listing, just see if you can go farther than you do on .ca. If you can't, then you know it is a .ca only problem.

If you have the identical problem on .com, post on the Tech issue board on that site. Be specific as to what error you are getting and at what point you get it.  There are more eyes there so someone who can help you may see your post.   https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/bd-p/technicalissues-db

Message 9 of 34
latest reply

Listing tool problem

Tried it and I can go significantly further on ebay.com. Would seem to imply an issue with my ebay.ca account. Customer service rep #5 swore high and low they would issue a "priority ticket". I don't have many options. just a shame I have to miss yet another listing weekend. And that's assuming they can fix whatever is wrong! Thanks, Neil.

Message 10 of 34
latest reply

Listing tool problem

There is someone on the .com boards who posts here once in a while. He is more tech savy than I am though that in itself is not a glowing endorsement. lol

Perhaps @eburtonlab   has a suggestion of what the problem could be?

Message 11 of 34
latest reply

Listing tool problem

I guess he can't help.   Sorry.

Message 12 of 34
latest reply

Listing tool problem

Hey @countyboy01. I don't know if I can solve this for you, but I'll give it a try. I've never listed on .ca (only .com) so please forgive any seemingly dumb questions if your listing tool is different from ours.

To begin, is it possible for you post step-by-step your actions & the error so I can make sure I'm not missing anything with the process? 

1. Create single listing.

Also, if it's not too much trouble, let me know what's happening on .com step by step as that might be easier for me to replicate on my end or at least figure out what's happening.

I'll do some searching in the meantime to see if I can pull up similar reports.

Message 13 of 34
latest reply

Listing tool problem

A few other questions:

Are the browsers you tried up-to-date and is your OS up-to-date?

Do you have any plug-ins, add-ons, ad blockers, etc?

What's your primary browser & OS?

Message 14 of 34
latest reply

Listing tool problem

Normally use the latest version of Firefox, but I downloaded Chrome yesterday to try a different browser. No go. I believe our most up-to-date computer runs Windows 10. If, for example, I try to relist a previously-sold  item I get the error message immediately. The error page URL is: https://www.ebay.ca/lstng/error?reason=createOrGetDraft:XS_CALL_ERROR. Not a tech nerd so generally do not do anything with add-ons, etc. Everything worked fine weekend before last and haven't changed anything on the computer I normally use. Tried on ebay.com. Haven't used it since ebay kicked all Canadians off it (forced to go to ebay.ca). Still, got a lot further - just didn't want to spend a lot of time rebuilding tempaltes, etc. for nothing. Appreciate the help. Neil.

Message 15 of 34
latest reply

Listing tool problem

This may sound really simple, but I recommend rebooting both your computer and your modem/router. Sometimes the network connection needs a refresh. If that doesn't work ...

Can you check to see if your browser is blocking pop-ups? That may not have any effect, but it's worth checking. If it doesn't fix the issue you can always turn the block back on. It's in your browser settings/preferences.

Since this isn't a widespread issue, there's a decent chance it's something within your control (but not necessarily). Still, it's good to test anything we can because it's more difficult to get eBay to address issues that aren't widespread. By within your control I'm not saying it's anything you did wrong or changed. Could be something eBay updated, but an adjustment needs to be made on your end to handle that update.

Whatever it is, let's try a few more troubleshooting options and see if we can get beyond the error.

Message 16 of 34
latest reply

Listing tool problem

Always turn the computer off every night. Booted router - no change. Browser not set to block pop-ups.

Message 17 of 34
latest reply

Listing tool problem

And your OS is up to date?

Message 18 of 34
latest reply

Listing tool problem

Far as I know. We seem to get updates constantly. Appreciate your assistance.

Message 19 of 34
latest reply

Listing tool problem

The problem occurs when you try to upload photos, right?

What happens if you create a draft and leave out photos then save it. Then go to your drafts folder, open it up and try to add photos.

What happens if you don't fill out the listing fields and go to the photo section first? Can you upload photos?

Or is the problem that you can't even open that page to enter anything (title, description, photos, specifics)?

Sell similar does not work. What about templates? Do you have any saved templates you could try to use?

From all these attempts, do you have anything in your drafts folder right now? If you go in to edit drafts can you get it to work?

Out of the box idea: what about a third party lister? Many programs out there offer a free one week trial. What if you use that to get up your auctions this weekend - that could buy you another week to try and figure this out. Heck, if you like the service you can even buy a month long subscription without committing to a full year at least so you can get listings up and bring in some income until this is sorted.

Message 20 of 34
latest reply