Newbie here! PayPal payment to Shippo included price of item...?

I recieved an email from Paypal stating "You authorized a payment to Shippo of 45.00". 

The 45.00 includes, 25.00 shipping and 20.00 for the item I sold. 

Why did they take the 20.00 for my sold item? Is this an error or is this normal?

Can anyone tell me why?

I tried to look around in the forum and on Shippos site, but couldn't find anything to answer my question. Thanks for taking the time to help a newbie out! slight_smile

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

You are being charged for the cost of the actual label, there is no processing fee. As another poster mentioned, the refund gets credited to your account though I believe it takes a while as they have to make sure that you didn't use it.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

@awaken_finds 

If you printed 2 labels close to the same time it gets combined and charged together. Unfortunately their invoice is not very good of explaining the charges. If you purchase 2 labels and there is a bit of time between them it will be billed as 2 charges. It should reference either the tracking or a mailing address, but it doesn't.(In Paypal)

In your case, the 2nd charge will not actually be a refund but a credit to your account for the next bill. At last word Shippo only refunds for US customers. You will see this in approximately 2 weeks -14 business days. If you don't see in that time frame just go to the help page and email to get a bee in their bonnet. Then suddenly the credit magically appears. Well, that's been my experience in the past.

-Lotz

-Lotz

-

Got deeper into the invoice, on their website. They've charged me $22.58 for two labels-- one of which I requested a refund because it had an improper date. As far as I know, labels are only $0.05, no?

I suspect you made an error on the Shippo form and overpaid them.

Shippo sells (discounted) shipping labels. They have nothing to do with the item you are shipping.

Personally I dislike Shippo and find it confusing to use. You can also buy shipping labels right from the PP payment your buyer sent and at the same price.

Another alternative is SnapShip which is Canada Post, which will give you one free domestic shipment every Tuesday in October.  But with SnapShip you have to fill in all the information yourself ,since they are not tied like PP or Shippo, and you pay by credit card not using your PP balance.

Basically, I ignore the eBay notification of payment, go directly to my PP account and buy the label there.

Could you post a screenshot of the Shippo payment?

Ask a Question