How can I have my listing offer a different shipping service other then Canada Post?

aliuh
Community Member

I can't seem to find where to do this. I would think it would be on the listing under the shipping section, but I don't see it there. All I can offer is Canada Post.

Someone would like to buy an item, but with UPS, and I'm stressed now because I can't figure this out.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

@aliuh wrote:

I can't seem to find where to do this. I would think it would be on the listing under the shipping section, but I don't see it there. All I can offer is Canada Post.

Someone would like to buy an item, but with UPS, and I'm stressed now because I can't figure this out.

Thanks!

Option 1. If you would like to use UPS either with Chit Chats or separately you would have to know in advance the shipping and use flat rate. The calculator is ONLY built in for CP on dot ca. (From drop down at top of options). 

Option 2. Would be have them commit to purchase then request a revised invoice. Once you have their location confirmed you can send them that invoice with correct shipping. 

-Lotz

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

aliuh
Community Member

That worked! I really appreciate your help. 🙂

You have received good advice.

But keep in mind, that you are not required to use the labels eBay can provide. Personally I use postage stamps and manually insert tracking numbers if I use a tracked service.

Some sellers have business accounts with couriers for their larger business and again, manually add the tracking number.

And any item that is less than 2cm thick and less than 500gr can be shipped LetterMail for  under $10. Because LetterMail is not tracked* this is useful for low value items.

And Canada Post sells various sizes of Flat Rate boxes, which can be a bargain for shipping to other provinces.

*Domestic LetterMail can be Registered for $9.75+ postage. International Registration does not track.