I HAVE 178 AUCTION LISTING UP I BOUGHT BASIC STORE SO I COULD POST MORE AUC. 250 BUT I BEING CHARGED

ALL MY ITEMS ARE LISTED UNDER COLLECTABLE & UNDER COINS OR ONE OF THE LISTINGS THAT ARE INCLUDED TO BE USED WITH NO EXTRA FEES.  ALL FREE TO LIST UNDER, BUT EVER SINCE I REACHED RUFFLY 110 AUCTION LISTINGS I'VE BEEN CHARGED 28CENT PER. 

NOW I'VE CALLED EBAY HELP LINE 3 TIMES NOW, THEY GAVE ME CREDIT THE 1ST & 2ND BUT THE 3RD TIME I WAS TOLD ITS BECAUSE I POSTED UNDER A UNITED STATES LISTING. I'VE ONLY DID THIS A FEW TIMES TO SAVE TIME ON MAKING UP MY OWN LISTING. I CLICKED ON SELL THIS YOURSELF UNDER PICTURE OF A SOLD ITEM.

SO I GUESS I WANT TO KNOW IS THIS HAPPENING TO ANYONE ELSE WITH THE BASIC PACKAGE THAT INCLUDS 250 FREE AUCTION LISTINGS?  AND HOW DID IT GET FIXED. I SHOULDN'T BE PAYING FOR A BASIC STORE PACKAGE & BE CHARGED FOR SOMETHING THAT IS INCLUDED FOR FREE WITH THE PACKAGE I HAVE.

PLEASE ANY INFO WOULD HELP!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

You have 177 auctions right now and it looks like you have already completed more than 73 auctions in October so you're over the 250 limit.   Are you are counting the items that have relisted?

@mustgo-shoppin wrote:

ALL MY ITEMS ARE LISTED UNDER COLLECTABLE & UNDER COINS OR ONE OF THE LISTINGS THAT ARE INCLUDED TO BE USED WITH NO EXTRA FEES.  ALL FREE TO LIST UNDER, BUT EVER SINCE I REACHED RUFFLY 110 AUCTION LISTINGS I'VE BEEN CHARGED 28CENT PER. 

NOW I'VE CALLED EBAY HELP LINE 3 TIMES NOW, THEY GAVE ME CREDIT THE 1ST & 2ND BUT THE 3RD TIME I WAS TOLD ITS BECAUSE I POSTED UNDER A UNITED STATES LISTING. I'VE ONLY DID THIS A FEW TIMES TO SAVE TIME ON MAKING UP MY OWN LISTING. I CLICKED ON SELL THIS YOURSELF UNDER PICTURE OF A SOLD ITEM.

SO I GUESS I WANT TO KNOW IS THIS HAPPENING TO ANYONE ELSE WITH THE BASIC PACKAGE THAT INCLUDS 250 FREE AUCTION LISTINGS?  AND HOW DID IT GET FIXED. I SHOULDN'T BE PAYING FOR A BASIC STORE PACKAGE & BE CHARGED FOR SOMETHING THAT IS INCLUDED FOR FREE WITH THE PACKAGE I HAVE.

PLEASE ANY INFO WOULD HELP!

@mustgo-shoppin 

Attached is the category map for Collectibles. You are limited under auctions to those categories only. 

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1697943504455.png

Before you complete your listing it will tell you if charges do or don't apply. The ? mark sysbol will explain why charges will apply. Let that be your guide.  Have a feeling it may have something to do with that. Here is the full category map link. 

https://pages.ebay.ca/sitemap.html

-Lotz

As a side when I checked your listing split it shows that you have listings in these categories as well. If you click on each you should be able to come up with totals and confirm if there is a discrepancy or not.

lotzofuniquegoodies_1-1697943771899.png

A good point, that having 250 Free Listings per month is a single number not a revolving one.

If one of your Free Auction Listings sells, you only have 249 auction listings left.

If you add two more in that month,you will be charged for one of them.

FWIW - most of your auctions that sold got one bid. A few got two or three. Are you sure Auctions are worth using at all?

Your caps button is stuck. You should look into that, it makes your question hard to read.

NOW I'VE CALLED EBAY HELP LINE 3 TIMES NOW,

The phone reps have a terrible reputation for getting you off the phone as soon as possible even if that means giving you the advice you want to hear instead of the advice you need to have.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.
And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

I WAS TOLD ITS BECAUSE I POSTED UNDER A UNITED STATES LISTING.

So apparently, Auctions are only Free if we list on the site on which we are registered?

devon@ebay 

Can you confirm this? I don't see anything about it on the Store Selling fees pages.

Getting a courtesy refund of the fees should be enough of a warning not to do that again. Getting two?

Usually eBay encourages, or doesn't discourage, newbies to use the Auctions option since it is their brand and since experienced sellers avoid it as both unpopular and more likely to end with an Unpaid Item Claim.