I have a 100% feedback as a buyer, however I have never sold anything

Hello. I have never sold anything through ebay, just have been a buyer. So not too familiar with all the sellers rules. I am wanting to sell a music memorabilia item, and I believe I will use the auction format to sell it. I am kinda confused about the return policy here though. The item is still sealed from brand new and it is now more than 10 years old and the fact that it is still sealed really adds value to it. If I state "absolutely no returns or refunds" in the auction ad, can that really be enforced? I am concerned if somebody were to buy and then unseal the item and then want to return it. I am not concerned about the authenticity of the item, I know it is legitimate. The value of the item has been drastically reduced now because it has been unsealed. What  would happen if that situation should arise?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

If the item is valuable, I would not make it the first thing I try to sell.

Especially if the value is as much in the sealed packaging as in the thing itself.

Auctions are a dying part of eBay, less than 15% of transactions, and are more likely to go Unpaid.

Having said that, Auctions are more likely to be successful in the Collectibles field than in, say, the used iPad category.

If I state "absolutely no returns or refunds" in the auction ad, can that really be enforced?

Nope.

You can have a No Returns policy, but not a No Refunds policy.

No Returns tells honest buyers that you are going to be difficult if there is a problem.

No Returns tell dishonest buyers that you are not familiar with eBay's Money Back Guarantee.

You can have a No Returns policy, but you are telling eBay that if there is a problem you don't want the item back.

All buyers have 100% positive feedback, but your relatively high number of transactions is some protection against scammers who glom onto newbies.

I am not concerned about the authenticity of the item, I know it is legitimate.

That's adorable.

EBay accepts very few certifications of authenticity. If your item is not certified by one of those organizations, eBay will not accept it as authentic.

If the buyer opens a Not As Described dispute, do not argue.  Period.

Tell him to return the item in its original packaging for a refund. Period.

Do not negotiate on this.

No return, no refund.

Answers (0)