If I send a counter offer to one Buyer, can I still accept an offer from another Buyer?

If a Buyer makes an offer on a product and I respond with a counter offer but then get a second offer from a different Buyer, can I accept that offer before the first Buyer responds or do I have to wait for them to accept or decline my counter offer?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

I don't think it's a done deal until you actually "Accept Offer", doesn't matter which came in first, you can accept which ever you think is best. Maybe the first guy doesn't even respond back or sits waiting on it for a while. Someone could get several offers all at once, the first buyer doesn't necessarily know his came in before the other. Just remember they can check what the item sells for after, he will know the reason the other was accepted if it's higher.

The only time I would say it shouldn't be done would be if you had been talking to first buyer back and forth and established a commitment in messages.

First come , first served.

I would however, send a Message to the first customer, letting them know that your counter offer has ended  because you accepted another.

You don't have to tell them the details of the other offer.

This would not apply if you had accepted an offer and were waiting for the payment, however. Then there would be a contract in place.