InsurePost . Info: Shipping Insurance will no longer be available.

Info from InsurePost.

**Please note that if you are located in Canada, coverage will no longer be available as of 1/1/2021.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

I'm pretty big about Hugh Wood Insurance of London, Toronto, and New York.

They specialize in collectibles, both collectors and dealers, and are the insurers for the American Philatelic Society, including the circuit books, which says a lot.

They don't offer one -off shipment insurance, but their annual contract covers fire and water damage, transit (both shipments and to shows -when those start again), consignments ,and shoptheft, as well as being capable of understanding that the collection/stock can vary in value from day to day. Their rates are very reasonable compared to generalist commercial insurers.

marnotom!
Community Member
Interesting. According to the InsurePost FAQ page, only Canada Post has been removed from its list of approved carriers, not Canada as a whole. But perhaps the Canadian operations of DHL, FedEx and UPS weren’t considered when that update was made as they’re not really options for most Canadian sellers.

https://www.insurepost.com/questions.asp

I wonder if and how this will affect Shipsurance, as InsurePost is a division of that operation.

What shipping carriers can I use?
InsurePost.com offers coverage for shipments sent via the following carriers:
* Note: Canada Post has been removed as of 1/2021
Canada Post
DHL
FedEx
FedEx SmartPost
UPS
UPS Mail Innovations
USPS