Item stuck at 'Item accepted at the Post Office' for 7 days now. What do I do? No updates after.

hurosells
Community Member

My item has been stuck at 'Item accepted at the Post Office' for 7 days now. 

What do I do? Do I refund the buyer and contact Canada Post? Ive gotten no updates after.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

All good advice, especially regarding "patience." But I'd like to add a possible sidebar tip that I discovered almost by accident.

I use a lot of Canada Post prepaid products, primarily National Flat Rate boxes and Regional XPressPost bubble mailers. Since I already have the Tracking Number for such shipments, I was accustomed to just uploading it to eBay as soon as a package was packed up and ready to go - often after hours or on a holiday weekend. But what too often followed was a spate of "Tracking Number provided" status messages in eBay that never seemed to progress or sync up with the actual transit/delivery status of the shipment by Canada Post.

Now I resist the temptation to enter any Tracking Number in eBay until after I have dropped off the package and it has received a formal acceptance scan by CP. All I know is when I handle prepaid shipments this way every tracking status shows in eBay from Acceptance through Delivery. And when I don't...it's a roll of the dice.

Just file under "pattern recognition."

reallynicestamps has already given the best advice, don't worry if the time hasn't past for delivery!

Are you clicking on the tracking link from eBay here? If so they sometimes have a delay/lag compared to the main Canada Post site. You can also try calling Canada Post customer service to see if they see a little more detail on their end (they usually do). But don't panic, I've seen the accepted just sitting there for days before updates show, if it still shows the in-transit line that's a good sign (even if it doesn't say where in transit it is). Sometimes it just means it missed a scan along the way so when it does finally show something, it's usually out for delivery.

What date does eBay give you (and your customer) for delivery?
Don't do anything until that date passes.

If the date passes and your customer complains, refund then and only then.

Remember that tracking shows where your item has been, not where it is.

The important point for now is that your shipment was "Accepted".

Chill.

Don't watch tracking.

It doesn't help.

I had items actually delivered to the Buyers (they received the items), and they left favourable feedbacks. Yet, "Delivery" never showed on eBay.  Canada Post Online Tracking showed "Delivered".

eBay should take action to find out WHY, and fix the problem.

I had one do this a week or so ago. It suddenly appeared where it was supposed to be. Someone at the distribution center just missed a scan on it, then it went cross country.

Don't worry until it's late.