No Buyer information provided in eBay email notice when making a sale

I am having a problem when I make sale, I get the ebay  email confirmation of the Sale, but there is no information provided with the Seller's name , address, etc., It was always provided for me before on previous sales, but just recently that has stopped.
So now when I make a Sale, I have to go hunting for the Buyers name & shipping address, which is a big inconvience for me now,

It was so much easier before  when you ebay  provided me with the Buyers info, I don't why the policy has changed and makes it harder for Sellers when making a sale, to then go hunting for the buyers info, creating more work for the Seller.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Use View Order Details.

This will also tell you if the customer has paid.

You can print out a 'printer friendly' copy of this.

Note that Order Details are in Canadian dollars if you print them from dotCA, no matter what site/currency you listed on.

OR

Go to your Paypal account.

If the customer has paid the payment will show there.

You can print out a 'printer friendly' copy.

This will also show your customer's email address if you save those.

You can also print a packing slip for the customer from here.

Paypal shows the payment in the currency of the site where the item was listed.

Personally I prefer the Paypal route, because I am most confident that I have received payment when it shows there.

PayPal always sends me an e-mail saying I have received payment & it has all the buyer's information included. I always print those pages up & keep them for my records. I ignore the e-mails from eBay about payment as they are useless.

This is a recent unannounced change.

ebay.ca switched at the start of the August. eBay.com switched (from reports) a few months earlier.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/No-More-Name-and-Address-on-quot-Sold-quot-e-Mail/m-p/380...

Official address spots;

(1) In the Sold section of My eBay, for the sale, click on the More actions menu and pick either "View Order details" or "Print shipping label"

(2) If the buyer paid using paypal their address is also there.

If you have just been using the email to ship you ran the risk of being scammed by a fake email or occasionally  eBay would send the wrong address in their email (regular address instead of the actual shipping address).

-..-

you always want to ship to the address provided on the paypal email anyway, the ebay provided address means nothing.. other than for you to double check that both address's match..