Old problem with Shipping Costs has reared its head again

devon@ebay 

Hi Devon,

I have an old issue that has reared it's head. Last time this happened a year or two ago the only way I got it corrected was talking to your predecessors on the forums so I am going to go this route again as support did not understand the problem. In a nutshell the issue is when you search for an item i sell and you are on the summary screen you are presented with the price and a cost for shipping. For example search Star Wars Ravensberger Puzzle. You get a summary screen with several vendors, they all say 30 + 22 for shipping or 35 + 20 for shipping etc... On this summary screen my listing will appear as well and says 30.99 + 21.39 for shipping. Here's the problem, if you click on my listing the actual shipping there is listed at 20.26. And from what I can see it only really happens with my listings. if you click any other listing that i found on the summary screen the shipping there matches the detailed view. 

Previoulsy this was identified to me as a postal code issue but now I think it has something to do with the discount i offer on shipping in my shipping preferences but i can't get the math to work there. My educated guess is that the summary screen shows the non discounted shipping price and the detailed listing is applying a discount but the amount doesn't equal so I'm not 100%. I had a 10% shipping discount so that would be 2.14 off of  21.39 for 19.25 but again it shows 20.26. 

I removed all shipping discounts and on detailed listing my price went up but the summary stayed at 21.39. 

So long story short it would appear the summary screen is getting the value from somewhere and the detailed is getting a different one and from all of the listings i've looked at it's really only happening to me that i can find. 

Can someone look into this because again, when a user does a search and see my shipping price it's higher than it should be and it probably has cost me a few sales for however long the issue has been back. Here's the listing i used as an example, but it happens on a lot of mine:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/193945301322?hash=item2d280a714a:g:la8AAOSw-tZgSBit&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA8Mb...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

UPDATE: OK this is 100% the old Postal Code issue once again. I tested with 2 listings so I am positive this is the issue. 

I updated the Star Wars puzzle listing below to change the postal code location from N2K 4E1 to N2K4E1 - No Space and after about 10 minutes the summary and detailed screen showed the right price. I tried a second listing and same results. Updated the item location postal code and Voila prices matched. Now since I cannot bulk update item location I certainly don't want to update some 450 listings. This was fixed and now it's broken again, surely ebay could should account for Postal Code format no? That's kind of basic programming. Anyway can you get this looked at again? I mean i've done all the troubleshooting for you 🙂

LAST UPDATE: I found where I could actualy bulk edit item location so my listings are fixed but I don't know how long it had been broken again and it really should be looked at. You can close this if you want, i was going to delete it but again it's an issue that should be fixed.