Question for sellers of It Works Body Wraps I need your help!!

I sold an unopened box of It Works Body Applicators recently. The buyer has requested a return. These wraps do not have an expiry date but apparently they have a production code and the buyer can tell by the code when they expiry. The ones I sold her, she says expired December 2017. I do not know if this is true. I do not want to be accused of selling something that was expired as I do not believe that to be the case. Does anyone know if they really do expire and should I allow the return?? Thanks so much!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

DO NOT ALLOW THE BUYER TO ‘ESCALATE THIS TO EBAY TO DECIDE’ AS YOU ARE ASKING IN THE COMMENTS BELOW. This will result in you, the seller, being punished for allowing the issue to be unresolved when there was no need for it. That’s as serious of an offense for a seller on eBay as there can be.

The buyer wants to Return it, you don’t object, so there’s nothing else to discuss. Accept the Return, she sends it back. You issue the refund when it is delivered. Is there a Claim open? Or is it a Return Request?
mcrlmn
Community Member

All you need to know about the scam called 'It Works Body Wraps":

https://drbillsukala.com/it-works-body-wraps-review/

Thanks, she is asking for a full refund. She will return the item.

Don't refund until you have the item back.

And if she returns it on her own dime, bonus.

The box has now been opened but I can probably resell.

Good.

I will not resell on Ebay though, because I do not want to sell expired products even though they really dont have an expiry.

As above,confirm with the company if there is an expiry date. It really doesn't sound as if it would, but I'm not clear what the product is supposed to do.

A production date would be useful for the manufacturer, especially if they are accepting returns.

For example, a store returning boxed brassieres purchased wholesale in 2001 but sitting unsold on a shelf since then,  would find the manufacturer less than happy about refunding or even accepting the return. Which has nothing to do with this case.

What repurcussions are their if I let Ebay decide the outcome of this return or no return 

When you get the item back, and refund the money, Cancel the transaction  with eBay using Buyer Request . (The reason is important.)

With Buyer Request cancellations, you get your fees back and all is copacetic.

and does it even matter that I have a No returns policy in place

Your return policy is overridden by eBay and Paypal return policies.

One difference would be in intimate garments which were used by the customer before return.

She can try on a blouse, but not underpants, right?

But I don't know the policies on that.

You have two questions here.

The easy one is, tell the customer to return the package for a full refund.

You may even lose money on this, but the other possible repercussions are more expensive for a small, occasional seller.

I'll spare you my usual sermon about Cookie Jar Insurance.

For the actual question, your most accurate information would be from the manufacturer.

It is entirely possible that the buyer is dreaming in technicolour. Did she demand a partial refund?

No refunds without return.

Even if you have to pay for the return.