EBay is doing some publicity/advertising in Canada.

They were at Toronto Fan Expo last week and next comes Edmonton.

https://fanexpohq.com/edmontonexpo/

Outreach to a younger collector demographic?

Is there a Comic Con or Fan Expo in your area? Will eBay be there?

BTW- I continue to see ads on FaceBook in my feed, not pop ups since I have AdBlockPlus.

View Entire Topic

We were at FanExpo Toronto this year (and every year!) as my daughter has a booth in Artist Alley.

eBay is listed as one of the major sponsors, has a large size booth which always has a long line of people trying to go in and get a freebie! You have to either show them you have the app or get the app while there in order to spin for a prize (Pokemon cards, carry bags, etc.) While someone may have the app and not use it having it makes the odds better. Who knows down the road when they are playing with their phone!

While there are certainly a lot of the younger collector crowd amongst the 125,000+ attendees there is a total range of ages and all kinds of people. It is a four day event and I saw every type of person you can imagine. And as a collector myself I've always found the crowd to be a very friendly, nice bunch (thank goodness, you are crammed in pretty tight with these folks).

They do have a small Comicon in Toronto (put out by the same people that do FaneExpo) in March as well which we have attended but it is only a two day event and is on a much, much smaller scale. The August event is the big one with many celebrity draws (in spite of the Hollywood strikes) all still attended.