Hello! How can I compete with US based sellers on shipping?

We are an old company starting a new venture on eBay for overstock. The issue we are having is shipping from Canada to USA.

Our prices are competetive, however shipping usually is the deciding factor on whether a page visit converts to a sale (in my opinion). For smaller less affordable items sometimes our shipping is more expensive than the product itself.

Do you have and hacks, or tips on how to keep shipping down? I currently pay for signature on delivery and use FedEx Ground for international shipping. Most of our items are bigger than the 500g, 2cm letter mail as they are new commecial truck parts. 

Thank you in advance.

View Entire Topic

Another thought.

Most of your items are valuable- in the $500-1000+ range.

So shipping is not the big question here.

If you sell that Tank Radiator  Overflow  for $500 and it costs an average of $75 to ship it, how would it sell as $575 with Free Shipping?

There is the question of Will what I lose on the coconuts be made up on the roundabouts?

Again, you have to think in terms of monthly sales and costs, not each specific sale and costs.

Free Shipping is very popular with consumers. I'm not as sure that it is a draw for business customers.

Free Shipping means that your shipping and packaging costs are included in the asking price.