How to close a case - Item Not Received

Hello everyone,

I sent a package to a buyer, but the buyer never received it and opened a case against me for Item Not Received.

I contacted the buyer immediately, confirmed the address and told them I would send a replacement. I asked the buyer to close the case to let Ebay know I was solving the issue.

The buyer has yet to close the case and I have already gone ahead and sent out a replacement item.

How do I get the case closed?

If the case isn't closed in the next couple days, I will have to refund the buyer to get the case closed and avoid a negative on my account, even though I sent out a replacement item already.

Please advise on how to close a case from my end - the seller's end. There doesn't seem to be that option when responding to the buyer in the Open Case portal.

I wish there was an option to Resend Same Item, but I don't see that option.

Thanks

View Entire Topic

It's called the Money Back Guarantee because the expectation is that if the item doesn't arrive, the buyer gets their MONEY back.

Which is pretty well instant.

While a replacement takes time to arrive, costs more to ship tracked (and in a situation like this the seller does need Proof of Delivery), and may be no better than the item it replaces.

And if the buyer is scamming (for example, if he is claiming that the untracked parcel never arrived although it did) the seller is out two items plus two shipping fees.

There is a learning curve to selling online, and this may be an unwanted lesson.

I hope your customer is honest enough to wait for the replacement to arrive before demanding their money back.