Item Location

eladish
Community Member
I have purchased items in a warehouse in Japan. I want to ship them directly to customers as I don’t wanna pay extra fees for customs and shipments. The company in Japan doesn’t change the price. The price I sell to eBay customers is higher than what the company puts on the item. My question is that would it be against eBay policies or customs?
Thank You
View Entire Topic

What you are doing is called Dropshipping and is allowed on eBay provided that your supplier knows that you are reselling under your own name.

The cost your supplier charges you is not the business of your customer.

The location of the goods is the important part.

Location is JAPAN not Canada, since your customers may have import fees charged on their doorstep, even though Canada has a Free Trade Agreement through the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership along with some dozen other nations.

I am not sure about what the duty-free allowance and tax-free allowance is for imports from Japan. @zee-chan  can you help on this?

You may want to add to your listings this boilerplate that eBay supplied some years ago to give notice that your customers may have to pay duty (or more likely sales taxes) on their purchase.

Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding/buying.