Shipping sold item to the buyer

vgr-6490
Community Member

When shipping sold Item to the buyer I should indicate return address on the parcel which is my actual home address. Is my confedentiality compromised thiss way? How can I protect my private data such as my home address from the buyer?

View Entire Topic

So you sell a $100 fandangle and the parcel is refused.

Where did you want the post office to return the parcel to?

If you don't want to use your own address, you can use your mum's address or your work address or more sensibly, hire a mail box from the post office or UPS or the like.

If this is your big worry, perhaps you are not ready for online/mail order sales.

If you plan to sell by Local Pickup, you may not want to meet your customer at your home, especially if you are a woman alone,  but it is common to meet in a public place. I prefer my local coffee shop where I am known to the often suggested police station, since if there is one place there are likely to be a lot of crooks, it's a police station.

There are other drawbacks to Local Pickup, such as buyers who don't show up. Which is why the coffee shop is better. At least you can get a latte and a butter tart while you waste time waiting.

BTW, do you have your Managed Payments account set up yet so that eBay can transfer your customer's payment to your chequing account?

That is a real concern.