eBay doesn't let me choose lettermail as a shipping option at the "purchase shipping label" step

Hey, I'm a brand new eBay seller and I'm having issues with letter mail shipping. As you can see from the first picture, I set my item to ship as a letter mail, but once a buyer has bought my item and I need to print the shipping label, the letter mail option isn't there? And I'd rather not pay 18$ for an 8$ game. I have 3 business days to figure out this problem.

1.PNG2.PNG

View Entire Topic

Hi

It really sucks as the option isn't available at eBay. For their protection eBay wants everything shipped with tracking for both seller and buyer. That is why it is only tracked/ registered options available. This is great if you are selling higher value items and can offset the shipping in the sale of the item or charge a $10-$15 fee to cover the services. It doesn't work with low value hobby items however like sportscards, stamps, and coins as examples. 

For these just do not use eBay shipping and ship regular lettermail through Canada Post and mark the item shipped. Be careful International overseas and I suggest only shipping tracked there. There is very little mail lost in North America but delays are common. Ebay has delivery guarantees so be ready for the odd question of where is my item and be ready to explain delivery times and kindly request to see if they can wait a few more days before making claims.

Now onto the real savings: DON'T USE EBAY SHIPPING. WHY?? Go through net parcel using your paypal account and you will get rates 75% off using UPS mostly. It is way cheaper and does give you the tracking required etc and works directly with eBay also. Eventually eBay will incorporate this into their model but until they do 99% of the time you will save substantially using them over the Canada Post options available (which is just the business rate that anyone can sign up for anyway.

Hope this helps

EBay Hallof Fame meber 2020

Trevor