higher priced item

I have an item that I want to list shortly, it is a higher priced item, and I am wondering if there are any other pitfalls, troubles that I might not have thought of.

1. I will ship with a couriers since Canada Post does not insure items over $5,000.00 - will that be an issue somehow with ebay?

2.  I will not allow returns of the item - so that I the buyer doesn't return something else, and get his money back.

3.  I will ship to Canada USA, and take individual offers from elsewhere in the world depending on the location, and shipping - insurance / signature choices I have.

4.  I was planning on using DHL, they charge 3.25% of the declared value, but it does not appear there is another choice?

Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated. thanx!

View Entire Topic

With the eBay money back guarantee, a buyer can file an item not as described claim and request a return.  In that situation eBay will require you to accept the return and pay for return shipping.   If the wrong item is sent back, there is little recourse for the seller other than through the legal system.  That is just one reason why I would be very uncomfortable sellng a high priced item here.

Out of Canada buyers will also be charged a brokerage fee by DHL as well as duty and taxes.