why seller is responsible if buyer does not recevied the item when its clearly says in seller add

why seller is responsible if buyer does not received an item while its clearly says in seller add upgrade shipping to register track package.

View Entire Topic
mcrlmn
Community Member

As a seller I sympathize about your frustration as I have felt the angst and cynicism of an item not received on 3 occasions.

Sometimes I subsidize for tracking on large high dollar orders for my own peace of mind.

My 'cookie jar insurance' comes from sales of 2 bit items found in my 'pocket change'.

However, as a buyer I have the choice to buy based on the information stated by a seller.

The shipping cost stated could be $2 or $13.99. I base my buying decisions on need to have and total price to my door.

Aside from condition and price, all I look for is the S&H stated under the price, and then for a combined shipping statement.

The seller has every opportunity list an item with any S&H rate to address concerns they may have.

I would never offer to pay $13.99 shipping for $6.99 worth of Canadian dimes or quarters.

I wouldn't even pay $13.99 shipping for a $20 item. I'd sooner give it to the local buggy lady.

That's not likely either.

Unless it is my Great-Granny's heirloom, I'm not going to offer to pay any more for shipping.

I feel it is the seller's responsibility to state terms clearly.

After I make a purchase, I feel it is the seller's responsibility package it properly and to deliver the item to me.