Recently we are often requested by Ebay customer to "remove active content" and or "HTTP" from our l

To: Ebay customer service

Recently we are often requested by Ebay customer to "remove active content" and or "HTTP" from our Listing, but as we

dont have the high IT technique knowledge, we dont know what you are requesting,

Frankly speaking, your always changes would bring the difficulties for us to follow.--as we are old seller,

Meantime your new changes are very difficult for us to accept, when compared with your competitor TAO BOA internet, thy are more easy to manage. Your new changes are difficult for us and I think not so convenient as compared to the past.

From Littlelittle_koala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

By the way-- The shipping prices in your Description are meaningless. Only the prices in your Shipping Tab are enforceable.

You cannot charge your customers more than what that tab says.

As it stands at the moment, it looks like you charge $8.50 to ship anywhere in the world (including Bhutan , Singapore, Canada and St Pierre & Miquelon) except to the USA where you charge $8.00.

I'm unclear about how the restriction to Canadian, US and HK dollars is supposed to work. Paypal will change your customer's payment from the currency his PP account uses to the currency you listed in.

So if an Indian customers buys those green gloves using rupees, you will get the payment in US dollars. If a German customer pays in euros, you will get the payment in US dollars.

Here's what you do-- one technodolt to another.

You have been given a list of non-conforming numbers, right?

Click on the reason they are non-conforming. That's the box on the left.

I'd give you a screenshot but: technodolt.

Now you have a list with the items. Click on the title,

That takes you to the listing.

Click on Revise.

That takes you to the Revise version of the Sell Your Item form.

Scroll down to the Description.

(On the way you may notice minor things that need updating, like Item Specifics. Go ahead and update them,we'll wait.)

On the Description box there are two tabs: Standard and HTML

DON'T PANIC!

Click on the HTML.

You'll now see a whole bunch of stuff like this:
<!-- Auction ad begins here --><center><table border=2 cellpadding=10><tr><td bgcolor="#ffcccc"><font face=Arial,Helvetica><center><b><font face=Textile size=+5 color=red><BR><BR>Saga 6 </font><font face=Textile size=+3 color=blue><BR><BR>

Brian K.  Vaughan & Fiona K. Staples </font><font face=Textile size=+2>
<BR><BR>

But in there you can see your description.

Scroll down slowly until you spot <HTTP.

That's the problem coding.

I just set my cursor in front of the < and cut* the whole thing out.

In my case, it was nearly half the code for a Photobucket icon as well as some unnecessary instructions for my customers.

With that done, click on the Standard tab again.

Now you should see two things.

Most important you can read your Description again without the confusing HTML.

But that warning above the Description about non-c0nforming code should also disappear.

If it didn't, go back to the HtML tab and try again, you missed something.

Scroll further down on the Sell Your Item form and see that everything is still as you wanted it to be.

(I found that my shipping had decided that in some cases, I would ship by Light Packet USA to Europe and in others that I did not ship worldwide but only to specific countries.) (I also found reversions to a three year old address which would affect my Calculated Shipping.)

And click Revise at the bottom of the page.

Whew.

Only 200 more to go.

After a while it becomes pretty automatic, and FWIW after I did it I found my abysmal rate of sales in the last month did go back to 'normal'.

*The first few times you do this, use the controlX command. That will also save your coding and words in case it goes pear-shaped. You could paste the stuff you cut into a text document on your desktop.

Is that too jargony? I can get more basic, if necessary.