Where can I leave negative feedback on a transaction? I can't find that option anywhere.

bearsdenbookservices
Community Member

I've had 2 recent transactions that warrant negative feedback to the buyer, but all I can find is a link to "Leave Positive Feedback". these cancelled sales caused no end of incovenience to me and it was solely due to the buyers' "don't care" attitude. At most I leave no feedback at all if it can't be positive, but in these two instances I feel that negative feedback is req'd. How do I do this?

Accepted Solutions (3)

Accepted Solutions (3)

Why do you think buyer feedback of any sort is useful?

Your future buyers may read it and make it part of their opinion of you.

Sellers at Fixed Price will not see it until after the customer has bought, which is too late.

Sellers at Auction, might see it, but if it is more than one page away, this is unlikely. And of course, most auction bidding happens in the last few minutes, too late for the Seller to cancel.

However, you can leave a Response to any feedback, including your own. Might be good for your upset.

More important is to file those Unpaid ItemDisputes, which actually prevent bidding.

Slow payers can be handled with Paypal Required, and if you sell by Fixed Price, Immediate Payment Required (or no sale).

For other problems, best is the Blocked Bidder List.

Otherwise, you get to move on and forget those twerps. They have to live with their miserable selves.

Perhaps i assumed incorrectly..Can leave a calm factual response that is less than positive to feedback received or if issue can be resolved with a buyer , a feedback revision may become possible..

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/feedback/revision-request.html

Hi .. Not possible and non payers are a bane to all sellers. System allows the unpaid dispute to be filed and strikes assigned to buyer's account. 2+ strikes should be blocked by all sellers in preferences plus adding any non payer to your blocked bidder list.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

bearsdenbookservices
Community Member

Funny thing though: you can use the flat rate box and the Expedited rate - IF you still have a flat rate box to use it on. They don't supply them anymore, true, but because I still had a few, I was able to use them over the last couple weeks. I just went to my PayPal account and used the 'print shipping label' option; it worked just fine. I have 3 boxes left and I'll be happy to use the last of them but sad not to have access to any more.

Canada Post no longer has an expedited flat rate available. They changed that a while ago.

Also other than for the U.S., your listings are set up to show a shipping price on the shipping calculator so you have to follow that price regardless of what your write in your listings.

The U.S. shipping price is not showing up properly because the calculator is set up to price shipping with Canada Post International Parcel Surface and there is no such service to the U.S. That is for overseas countries. To price U.S. shipping you need to set it up separately and use small packet USA or expedited USA.

It's up to you but I personally would never ship surface to anywhere other than to the US and within Canada. It can take 6 weeks plus and many buyers will file a claim before the item reaches them.

bearsdenbookservices
Community Member

Thanks all! It seems to be yet another burden that is all on the seller. Heavens forbid that the precious buyers are inconvenienced in any way!

Ironic: One of the items in question was a batch of books. In the listing I placed this info:

"Canada or US buyers: This batch will be  shipped in the Flat Rate Box due to its size and weight:

* Canada Post's  Expedited Parcel™ service within Canada at a flat rate of $13 CDN;
* Canada  Post's Expedited Parcel™-USA service to the United States at a flat rate of $20  CDN
($US equivalents TBD by the current exchange rate)"

so the buyer knew up front what the s/h cost would be before placing the bid. BUT she informs that she "didn't know the shipping cost would be higher than the purchase price", and took  few days to tell me she'd decided not to buy after all.

Another case of someone buying books who does not read.