can non paying bidders still bid on other auctions while a case is open against them?

I have opened 2 unpaid item cases and have had no response after initial invoice or the others sent after.  Opened unpaid cases and still no response.  I am wondering if they are still able to bid on items while a case is open against them.  I am hoping not as why would they even care to complete transactions if they can just go about their shady business as usual. 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Until members have those strikes on their account(at closing) and are at 2+ or are limited by ebay , they have no impediment to bidding/buying.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

You can block anyone you want from bidding by adding them to your blocked bidder list.

Hi ..close after 4 days to recover fees and add the IDs to your blocked bidder list.

Sellers can block 2+ unique seller strikes which limits buyer's ability to use eBay .

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/buyer-requirements.html

Any further sanction belongs to eBay.

Thanks for the info.  It is unfortunate that are are basically given bail and could possibly keep doing this for 4 more days...not the greatest seller protection.

I understand the process for myself, and no doubt will have to close the case after the 4 days and block these people but it is not protecting any sellers in the meantime if they are able to continue to bid/win auctions while having cases open against them.  I am wondering what the policy is on this as if they are able to continue in this fashion what protects buyers from them just jumping from auction to auction?