eBay case resolution

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am hoping to find an asnwer from this forum regarding an issue we are facing. We sold few items through eBay and eBay couldn't transfer the funds to our paypal / bank account. We never shipped the items. Buyer had already paid eBay and they opened a case. eBay closed the case in favour of the buyer and took the money out of our account (which was never paid to us in the first place). How do I go about fighting this as the back and forth with the customer service is been going on for about 2.5 months. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

According to that listing,  the payment was already going to go into MP at the time they items were purchased.  It's possible that the money is sitting in MP waiting for you to set up your MP account. 

If you have already done so than they may be a problem somewhere along the line.

When the money was taken was it taken from the bank account associated with PP or was it an account associated with MP?

Have you been arguing on the phone?

Switch either to Chat or to the social media contacts.

https://twitter.com/askebay
https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

These reps seem to be better trained and have more authority than the minimum wage, sub-contracted, souls in the boiler room somewhere in Utah.

Is this the same problem you have another question about ? Having duplication in questions doesn't really help you much.

In your Seller Hub, in the "Payments" tab, do you see money "on hold" or "processing"?

@Anonymous wrote:

I am hoping to find an asnwer from this forum regarding an issue we are facing. We sold few items through eBay and eBay couldn't transfer the funds to our paypal / bank account. We never shipped the items. Buyer had already paid eBay and they opened a case. eBay closed the case in favour of the buyer and took the money out of our account (which was never paid to us in the first place). How do I go about fighting this as the back and forth with the customer service is been going on for about 2.5 months. 

With the new Managed Payments system you do NOT receive your funds instantly like in the past with PayPal. As soon as you either receive an email stating the customer has paid or you see similar on your sellers hub page you should ship. You can at your discretion create required postage or use stamps to process. If you create postage with eBay Labels funds will be either removed from processed or if there is nothing available from your bank. You then mark shipped. In due time, baring no other holds you should receive your funds to your bank. Just how this new system works.

-Lotz

The money was taken out of your bank account to refund the buyer even though it had never been put into your account?

For what little it's worth, three of my four selling accounts were messed up, including one where eBay randomly chose which bank account would receive my Managed Payments and one where MP worked fine for a month then was not accepted.

So... all kinds of mess.

However, once those were straightened out, the money that had been Held  was in fact transferred to my bank accounts promptly.

lotz mentions that PP would "front" established sellers with the payments, even if they were not completely through the bank system. MP is not willing to do that. (Hopefully, once they have seen enough transactions to get a grip, they will set up their risk assessment to allow this.)

You can still, however, use the money in MP to buy eBay labels for shipping. (With PP we could buy other labels- PP's own, SnapShip, Shippo.)

As I mentioned earlier that listing does not show that the money is going into PP, it shows that the money was going into MP.    If your MP account is not set up to receive payments yet then that money is in limbo waiting for you to set up an account.    If you go to sellers hub / payments/all transactions, does that transaction show there? If it does, that means that the transaction is going into your MP bank account.  However, I'm not sure if transactions will show up there after 90 days as I haven't been in MP long enough to know that but if you do see it there, that transaction was definitely done through MP.