Archive 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

eBay Restricting use of outdated Internet Security Protocol

Hi eBay Members, eBay has decided to restrict the use of outdated Internet Security Protocol, SSL 3.0, because we have determined that it does not meet our standards. As such, some Turbo Lister users could see some connectivity issues. For more infor...

Holiday Returns available in Turbo Lister

Hi Turbo Lister Users, The option to apply Holiday Returns in Turbo Lister is now available in the Beta version of the program. When deciding whether or not to be a Beta user, please keep in mind that the beta versions aren't free of bugs, nor are th...

HolidayReturns.jpg

Recent Issues w/Turbo Lister Sign In

Hi Turbo Lister Users, A recent Windows update has caused some programs, including Turbo Lister, to crash. To sign-in to Turbo Lister before the improved Windows update is released, please follow these steps: Open Internet Explorer Open the Tools men...

paypal debit card

im trying to change my billing currnecy to USD and add my paypal debit card(mastercard) for automated payments of my ebay fees. the problem is every time i try to add the paypal card it says credit card autroization failed. i have tried over 20 times...

Feedback and invalid contact into

Quick qn. I had a buyer with invalid contact info leave me a negative feedback. I reported this to ebay almost 2 weeks ago and the bidder has now (about 8 days ago) been switched to not registered. As per ebay policy the feedback should have been rem...

Anyone Else Notice Inconsistent Rounding From Ebay & Paypal?

OK, sure it's only a penny here and penny there but I'm sure it adds up pretty handily in eBay's favour. Few examples of rounding inconsistancies I've found: - with Paypal - if you are converting one currency to another, we always lose on the decimal...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Did Imagemagician.com do another disappearing act?

HELP! I use www.imagemagian.com as my image host and for the 2nd time within 2 months - they have disappeared! Their web address doesn't even exist. Anyone else having this problem? All my pics are gone!

ANYBODY GET THIS E-MAIL ... FRAUDULENT SELLER?

Hi Everyone, I checked my e-mail this morning and get an e-mail like this: "Dear seller, My name is Richter Michael and I own a smalll but successful IT business,HiT COMPUTERS.I also am a very serious seller on eBay with a good feedback rating and wi...

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Replacement for Ruby Lane Counters

Hi, If you were a Ruby Lane counter user and you have been looking for a possible replacement then check this out. It is something that just started in the last week. I haven't tried it yet but it looks pretty good. Michael

Any way to lower listing fee's or avoid them?

Been selling myself here for about 4 months now and took our company from not much on ebay to a power seller status and doing not too bad but the listing fee's are killing me! Not really making any money as most listings are costing about $5.00. Is t...

CP INSURANCE

I attended an eBay session held in Ottawa this morning where a CP rep (Account Executive from TO) gave a presentation. One of the things that he mentioned was that, primarily due to eBay, CP is now examining their historical habit of paying losses ba...

• 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

item arrived not as listed...

HAPPY CANADA DAY, EVERYONE!!! I do a fair amount of buying and selling on ebay and at my retail store. I just purchased about $600 USD from a seller, and the items arrived without its origianl sealed packaging. I was planning to re-sell these items i...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

big problems with buyer...

hello, i am experiencing some big problems with a buyer at the moment...allow me to explain... buyer claims a video game i shipped is not functional. i have offered the buyer a full refund providing he returns the game to me and i can authenticate th...

Small Packet and Expedited insurance with CP

hi, just wondering if anyone has had any experience with claiming the insurance for small packet and expedited to the US and expedited to Canada? are there any special requirements you have to meet? do they give you any hassle? if one of the video ga...

How long should this take?

Paypal question. I have a buyer in Virginia who paid via echeque on July 9th. I went to check status this morning, as it usually only takes 4-5 days to get clearance confirmation and I'm still waiting. Here's how the transaction now reads: Date: Jul....

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

***Calling All PowerSellers in Ottawa Area for July 15, 16***

eBay will hold eBay On The Road sessions in Ottawa this week: Thursday July 15, for 2 eBay explained sessions, and Friday, July 16, for 1 Super Selling session. It is great to have as many Power Sellers as possible in attendance as it inspires other ...

Problems with new "Unpaid Item Dispute" process

Just over 7 days ago, a buyer bought a BIN item of mine and paid with PayPal. It was for $90. I checked his feedback on a whim, and noticed a lot of FRAUD accusations. Yuck! It seems he likes to buy large value items, have them sent to an accomplice,...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Help please...neeed pic hosting info quick!

Hi Everyone, Can any of you reccomend a pic hosting site that is as inexpensive as possible, while still not going offline so much? I have one free pic hosting place, but lately they have been down a heck of a lot, and it is affecting my sales I thin...

Canadian merchant account

I have heard that PaySystems is the best option for Canadians. But I just want to check with everyone else here. I do almost $2000 a month and mostly my buyers would like to pay in British Pounds, Australian Dollars and ofcourse USD and CAD. Do you h...

Bidder contacting my past customers~Read this !!

Hi Candle holders received safely, but I must re-iterate that the shipping costs were far to high. Original combined shipping & handling charge was US$42. Had refund of US$4. Shipping costs were US$28.50 plus your US$5 handling chargeof US$5 = US$32....

Free traslations site for non-English customers

If you come across customers that don't speak English this is a good site for free traslations of a number of languages, I've used it for English to French and vice versa. www.freetranslation.com

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Are Customers Getting Electronic Invoices?

Over the past week I have had a number of auctions end, after which we send an electronic invoice via Ebay, but with absolutely no response from the buyer. Today I get a phone call from one of the buyers who said he never received the electronic invo...

Canadian Federation of Independent Business (C.F.I.B.)

I recently joined the Canadian Federation of Independent Business, mostly to take advantage of the group rate I could get on merchant charges through Scotiabank for our retail operation, but one of the perks that also comes by being a member is that ...

Kudos for Labels for Less

Just a little note for everyone that is running a storefront along with using ebay. We needed a pricing gun and bought one from Labels for Less. Got here in record time from the west coast. Works like a charm and loads of extra labels. Kudos goes out...

• 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

Help with a Paypal dispute

Hello all, I need your sage help and advice yet again. We attempted to pay for gas tonight using our Paypal debit card. It was declined. So we used an alternate form of payment-cash (go figure) When we returned home, we read an e-mail from paypal to ...

eBay not refunding listing fees when a refund is due

I had an item sell, and the buyer didn't pay, so I filed a NPB alert. A few days later, he went NARU (probably for non-payment of some other seller's items). I waited 10 days and filed the FVF request. The fee was returned. Now, in order to get a ref...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Getting robbed by a SELLER! NEED HELP PLEASE

Hi there, I have delt with this seller once before and the transaction took 5 weeks for me to get the package from Him (Air Mail from IL to New-Brunswick). It went through the Duties and I paid for them when the package arrived. Package was nicely do...

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

TURBOLISTER - watch the ship to location new default USA only!!!

I just noticed that after the last update, ALL of my Turbolister lots now say that I only ship to the USA. Pesky updaters must have changed the default or something. I'm going to ask how to en-masse change them, but in the meantime make sure you chec...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Feedback Counters Not Accurate

Hi everyone, Remember a while back when we were talking about the counters for the "watchers" in My eBay, as well as the counters from Andale not being accurate? Well, I have noticed, and have for some time now, that occasionally when I gave someone ...

problems accessing My eBay Anyone ???

Is anyone else experiencing problems accessing My eBay and other functions??? I don't see any threads posted about any problems and am beginning to think it might just be me ?????? Thanks

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Shabby Chic Settles!

Shabby Chic settled. All I'm allowed to say is: "THE PARTIES HAVE SETTLED THE CASE AND THE TERMS OF SETTLEMENT ARE AND MUST BE KEPT CONFIDENTIAL." I'm not shouting, that is how they wrote it.

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful
Unanswered Questions
No posts to display.