Buyer did not pay for 3 days+ now...

urienrxo
Community Member

Hello, a buyer sent me a best offer for an item i was selling and I accepted and sent him an invoice and a message. 3 days later no reply and no payment. Is there anyway to report such buyers?

or should I give it time...thanks!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

ebay rules is 4 days before you can do anything about it but I would personally wait about a week then I would file unpaid case against buyer to recoup the fees....

Reason I say wait a week is you never know why .. Maybe there kid was in an accident maybe they were in a accident or maybe they are gone out of town on business or pleasure  you just never know so it is always best to give it sometime before thinking the buyer is gone bye bye...

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

After about foru ro five day you can send a very gentle reminder - something like:

Hi, have not heard from you for a while. Just wanted you to know that when I receive your payment - I will ship your item ASAP - thanks.

Thats the one I use and it ususally works.

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I have got to proof read these better - here it is with the errors corrected.

After about or five days you can send a very gentle reminder - something like:

Hi, have not heard from you for a while. Just wanted you to know that when I receive your payment - I will ship your item ASAP - thanks.

That's the one I use and it usually works.

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

"3 days+"

I do not mean to contradict you but the purchase was completed Thursday night.  That is only two + days ago.

Friday night was one day

Saturday night was two days

Sunday night will be three days

Patience.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

hey, thanks for all your replies and 2nd of all, pierre how in the world you could see my sold items?!?!

is there anyway to make them private? thanks!

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Don't assume the buyer is a non-payer who needs to be reported. 

I find people often make offers and forget that they've done so until they check their eBay messages a few days later.  Give the buyer some more time. 

Send a very friendly reminder after 4 or 5 days, then wait another 2 or 3 days for a response.  At that point, you can open a case, but stay friendly and positive, as you may find your "non-payer" turns into a paying customer (who is then entitled to leave FB/DSRs). 

Here is my "friendly reminder", usually sent on Day 5 after purchase:  "Hello, and thanks so much for your purchase.  Once you process payment, I'll have your item off to you by the next business day.  Thanks again!"  -- and I leave it at that for another 3 days. 

Don't forget that eBay will also be sending the buyer an initial purchase confirmation (with a "Pay Now" button), as well as a reminder after a couple of days, so don't antagonize your buyer with impatient or multiple emails of your own. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

"how in the world you could see my sold items?!?!"

This is eBay.  This is the Internet.  Privacy?  You are kidding, are you?

It only takes a second to click on "View Listings" (immediately under your name and feedback rating).

Then another second to click on "completed" or "sold" in the panel at left.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

thank you sir kindly for the info and you're right about the privacy part lol.

By the way, buyer still did not pay...*sigh*

Message 9 of 9
latest reply