Can a Seller ask more money for shipping then what is listed on post after listing as ended and been paid in full?

dannylafrance79
Community Member

I purchased an item, paid in full for item and shipping as price was listed on the post. Now seller is asking for more money after the bidding as ended and after i have actually sent money (paypal) for the full amount for item listed and shipping cost as it was listed and requested when payment was sent.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Can a Seller ask more money for shipping then what is listed on post after listing as ended and been paid in full?

NO. 

Ask the seller for a refund of your payment. He may ask for a Mutual Cancellation which will get him back his selling fees. You can agree, ignore or refuse. In any case an MC allows you to leave feedback and Detailed Seller Ratings.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I would not ask for an MC. Seller is obligated to complete the sale and responsible for any listing mistakes.

Ebay does not allow.  Reply ..aware that the request is contrary to ebay policy. Please ship my item or refund payment.

Forward this link and refer to terms and conditions.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/selling-practices.html

If seller refunds , refuse any cancellation request and leave appropriate feedback with low DSRs.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Reply to seller..am very disappointed to hear that you are not prepared to complete this transaction as per the terms of your listing that i purchased and paid in good faith.

To avoid my filing a dispute with ebay , will anticipate an immediate refund of my payment.

No response in a day or 2 , open an item not received in the resolution center of your PayPal account. Escalate to a claim as soon as PP will allow.

Do not close the claim for any reason. PP will close on refund.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

And do not agree to any cancellation request..its seller refunds or you file the claim.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

NO. 

Ask the seller for a refund of your payment. He may ask for a Mutual Cancellation which will get him back his selling fees. You can agree, ignore or refuse. In any case an MC allows you to leave feedback and Detailed Seller Ratings.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I would not ask for an MC. Seller is obligated to complete the sale and responsible for any listing mistakes.

Ebay does not allow.  Reply ..aware that the request is contrary to ebay policy. Please ship my item or refund payment.

Forward this link and refer to terms and conditions.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/selling-practices.html

If seller refunds , refuse any cancellation request and leave appropriate feedback with low DSRs.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

dannylafrance79
Community Member

I have been in contact with seller and so far he doesn't want to ship it, what is my process to make a complaint against him.. when I get to the resolution centre, there is only 2 option available to me (1st is an item hasn't arrived and 2nd is item arrived and not matching description)

when i take option 1 it tell me to contact paypal to get reimbursed but the item hasn't even been shipped.

and option 2 is for when you receive and item that doesn't match description but again item hasn't been shipped yet.

Thanks for your help

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Reply to seller..am very disappointed to hear that you are not prepared to complete this transaction as per the terms of your listing that i purchased and paid in good faith.

To avoid my filing a dispute with ebay , will anticipate an immediate refund of my payment.

No response in a day or 2 , open an item not received in the resolution center of your PayPal account. Escalate to a claim as soon as PP will allow.

Do not close the claim for any reason. PP will close on refund.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

And do not agree to any cancellation request..its seller refunds or you file the claim.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

resaleablemerchandice
Community Member

I have had this same problem multiple times I ended up just getting a refund and will never buy from that seller again I dont understand when you bid you get the " this is a legal contract message" should it not work both ways 

I even had one tell me it was a mistake then relisted with the same shipping price as before

Message 7 of 7
latest reply