Can anything be done about a group of products which have misleading information?

I have recently been looking at low cost digital projector ($40-$100) units on ebay. So far, everyone I looked at has incorrect and misleading descriptions about the "native resolution", showing a description which might only be found in one costing over $1000.  In some cases, the correct information is hidden in another area of the ad.  There are dozens of these models, each having multiple venders.

I have contacted a few of the venders, but only one said he/she would correct the ad.   

My question is this:  I looked for a way to contact ebay about this "practice" hoping they had a more general way to let them know about this issue, so perhaps they could send a general notice to the venders involved, but the only option I find is having to report each ad separately.  Does anyone know if ebay has any feedback system to allow for general reporting of a group of ads in a category?  I have no personal "investment" in this.  I do not sell these products, but I'd like to see accurate product descriptions and comparisons so people aren't disappointed when they shop and buy these.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Can anything be done about a group of products which have misleading information?

"so perhaps they could send a general notice to the venders involved,"

eBay does not do that.

" the only option I find is having to report each ad separately."

That is the only way to do it if the issue is important to you.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

This is another example of the drawbacks /dangers of dropshipping.

All these vendors are (probably) using the same supplier.

They have never seen the product.

They are lazy and think selling on eBay is easy.

There is also a very good chance that the buyers will not realize that the product they get is not up to the standards they expect. It's a 'This amp goes up to eleven.' situation.

Some of the dropshipping sellers will drop off eBay when they get low DSRs for slow shipping/poor communication. Some will give up when they learn that their costs are higher and their income is lower than the supplier promised. Some will lose money on refunding unhappy buyers.

However, reporting the product every time you see it may make a difference, combined with the above.

EBay of course has no contract with the supplier nor any control over how sellers procure the goods they list.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply