Canada Post shipping

Hi all.

On January 13/2014 Canada Post increased the cost of shipping by "light packet USA" by 43.5% . It went from $2.99 to $4.28 cnd including taxes for weights up to 150 grams. Call Canada Post ands they claim increase was only 3.1%. PayPal has no information on the increase and even did a conference call to Canada Post with myself and got the old ....pass the buck treatment from Can Post.

Canada post offers another service called "Other letter mail USA' . my local post office says it can only be paper documents in a paper envelope for this service and does not require a CN22 customs declaration.

I call Canada post and get 3 different people all giving different answers about what can & cannot be shipped using "Other Letter mail USA" and 3 different answers about what customs documentation is needed. Customer service directs me to 2 different sections of the Canada Post website that both give conflicting definitions of this service and what is required.

Does anyone ship items other than documents from Canada to the continental USA using "Other Letter mail USA" service (cost $2.20+tax)  using the standard CN22 form ???

I'm trying to find a way to avoid a big increase in my customers shipping costs.

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Canada Post shipping

Jeremy - I also noticed that your auction listings are offered for three day duration only.

Would you not get more bids and higher prices by offering seven day duration?  Fees are the same for three or seven days.

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

Canada Post shipping

Anonymous
Not applicable

If I ship without tracking, that opens the door to the possibility of a buyer receiving their plate, claiming they didn't and getting their money back so they have a free plate.
A relative of mine had a buyer do that, then turn around and sell the same plate.
With tracking, I never have to worry about that happening.

I used to auction it for 5 days.  After thinking about this, your suggestion makes sense.  I will start auctioning for 7 days and see how it goes.

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

Canada Post shipping

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried selecting "Letter" instead of "Parcel" in PayPal, but it still gives me the same 3 shipping options (Regular Parcel, Expedited, XpressPost).

In order to ship without tracking and offer free shipping, I would have to not use PayPal, buy postage and create my own mailing label, correct?

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

Canada Post shipping

Lettermail and letterpost services are NOT available through PayPal.

You buy postage stamps and lick them on or stick them on.

Message 24 of 24
latest reply