Emailing ebay

shompurple
Community Member

I'd like to know why it is so difficult to send a email to ebay? There is no option under "contact us" that I can find, and I find similar complaints under the discussion board.

I am having difficulty with an ebay seller, and because of a silly 45 day policy I cannot use the dispute option (since is over 45 days, although that is debatable). I prefer email, as at this point in frustration with both the seller and ebay, I find it critical to ensure all matters are now in writing. I would really like someone in ebay to answer this. I remind you, you do act as a intermediary in all transactions that occur.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Emailing ebay

eBay does not work by email. You can reach them by telephone using the links provided in "Customer Support" above.

"I remind you, you do act as a intermediary in all transactions that occur."

Not really.  eBay is only a venue where sellers offer their "stuff" and buyers agree to buy it.

PayPal is a payment method allowing a buyer to send money to a seller.  Their rules clearly state that a dispute must be opened witthin 45 days of payment.  If you let that period go by without opening a dispute, that window is closed to you.

If you paid through PayPal using a credit card, your best and most viable option is to call your credit card issuer at the 800 number found on your monthly statement and request a chargeback for non-receipt of "goods not as described", whatever the case may be.

"(since is over 45 days, although that is debatable)"

Not sure what you mean.  Either it is over 45 days or it is not.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Emailing ebay

Second, look up definition of intermediary. I work for one. Ebay fits the definition

I am aware of the Paypal option, it has been pursued. There is a further issue, in which ebay themselves got involved. Since I cannot email directly, this is my only venue

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Emailing ebay

Whoa, you are definitely out of line.

If you don't care for the comments do not post your concerns.

If you don't work for eBay, stay out of this.

Then take up your concerns with eBay.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Emailing ebay

ebay isn't going to answer your question here.  Only other posters will (and with your attitude, not for long, I would wager)

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Emailing ebay

wow !! One rude dude !. We may not always agree with Pierre, but he has earned the right to state his opinion. There is no call for you to talk to other members like that at all. Remember, you may need help from here one day.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply